Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local Skoda dealer yesterday, looking to order a Kodiaq. The sales rep was nice enough but didn't seem to be all that clued up on the various optional extras and had to keep going to his boss to find out some of the answers to my questions.

After one such visit to his boss, he can back and told me that due to it's popularity the waiting list for a new Kodiaq was now 16 weeks, which takes us into the middle of August. That being the case he suggested I take delivery in Sept to take advantage of the new 67 plate. So now I'm looking at 18 weeks! I was hoping to get one this summer.

Then, whilst attempting to haggle with him, he went to visit his boss again and came back with an offer of a few quid off but also said that from Monday, Skoda were increasing the APR rate for PCPs from 4.9% to 5.8%. His thoughts were that due to the Kodiaq's popularity Skoda felt they could get away with increasing the APR. Part of me wondered if they were just saying that to make me sign on the dotted line.

I'll be visiting another dealer later on today to see if they can make me a better offer. I'll probably place an order but gutted at having to wait till September.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Well, good thing is that your car will most likely get the upgraded 9.2" Columbus infotainment system as with mine. The bad news is that it can't come soon!!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
The cap on orders and no dealer commission are the main reasons its tough to get a decent discount, though some here have managed too.
Those are also the reason the wait times will go up, Skoda's factory struggles to keep with demand when a new model is released.
The interest rate rise is quite believable too.
If its 100% the car you want, then you have no option, IMO the wait will get longer still soon.
But if you have alternatives and can't wait, go haggle a deal on one of those.
We checked most of the competition that offered the drivetrain we wanted, but in the end this ticked the most boxes for us.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I collected mine last week the sales guy said the pch prices were going up due to demand and there was a shortage of 190 Diesel engines so waiting time on those was even longer

·
Registered
175 Posts
"We checked most of the competition that offered the drivetrain we wanted, but in the end this ticked the most boxes for us."
You won't be disappointed Savage. It's awesome!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well coming from 3 previous new Skoda's, I have an idea of what to expect.
The only thing that might disappoint is the oomph, I am losing 40hp, 20nm and gaining weight compared to the current car.
But I am gaining AWD and comfort so swings and roundabouts :)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Savage,
I don't think you will be disappointed.I have come from 1 Fabia estate & 3 yetis. All 1.2 DSG. Bearing in ming my Kodiaq has yet to reach 100 miles and so is still stiff. I am delighted with its performance speed wise. Consumption can't be judged yet as I have only done short,cold, urban runs. Overall showing 28mpg. So for a cold stiff engine in urban environment I am expecting roughly what they promised . Once it has done 4-5K miles and loosened up. My previous Skodas all managed with in 3-4 miles of the quoted consumption. Best ever was 54.1 on a 199 mile return trip from Cornwall to Poole at 65-70 mph the whole way.
Those of us who have been in the Skoda camp for some years previously knew that this would happen. The Yeti went out to a year when it was first introduced.
We then had the advantage of knowing that the kodiaq would be all it has turned out to be and I for one (and many others) had the confidence to order 'blind' round about last Christmas, or at least before February the 28th, the cutoff date for the free Canton & spare wheel.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'll put it this way: Lack of discounts plus popularity will mean strong resale values.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I actually started looking around for a new car last October. Back then it was the Audi Q5 I was looking at. About the same time I started hearing about the Kodiaq which seemed to be getting nothing but positive reviews, so I decided to hang on until I could see it for myself. I was first told they'd be in the showoom by February and then it was pushed back to April, so it's been quite a frustrating wait and as things stand, it'll be almost a year after I started looking for a new car that I'll finally get one.

Having had a test drive earlier this week I was impressed with the way the 1.4 petrol engine performed. As with most things in life there are a few niggles. I'm not overly keen on the dash style and layout. The Q5 has a gorgeous interior but since the new version came out, prices now start over £40k and fuel economy with the petrol engine isn't great. The Kodiaq's interior certainly looks better in person than it does in photographs but I think within a couple of years it will be quite dated. In particular I don't like the black plastic cover for the upper glove box. I'm also disappointed to see there's no option to upgrade to a fully digital driver's display as you can with Audi and VW. I just know within weeks of taking possession of a Kodiaq it'll suddenly become available!

It's not all bad news though, I love the exterior styling, think it looks better than the Q5 and for me it ticks all the boxes when it comes to space, practicality and value for money. Another positive is the Kodiaq being a 7 seater. The extra seats are obviously intended for occasional use but I was surprised to see how firm the middle row seats were. I can imagine adults might find them uncomfortable on long journeys. Build quality didn't seem as good at the back either as it is in the front. When I tried to slide up the plastic cover for the isofix point it came off in my hand (unless it's mean't to do that?). Overall the positives definitely outweigh the negatives, so I might as well go ahead and order one I suppose.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Go For it!. Worth the wait.
Fantastic car!
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Haven't a clue what he was l playing at. Seemed completely pointless to me.
He wasn't fast of the consumption of the 1.4 DSG but he obviously hadn't a clue about ringtones or her would surely have made the point as I have in other threads, that ALL Kodiaq ringings will not have covered rib miles to have loosened off.
I did an urban round trip today of approx 20 miles and got 34 mpg. Which, for a big lump with a tight engine, I didn't think was too bad.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Kash said:
I was at my local Skoda dealer yesterday, looking to order a Kodiaq. The sales rep was nice enough but didn't seem to be all that clued up on the various optional extras and had to keep going to his boss to find out some of the answers to my questions.

After one such visit to his boss, he can back and told me that due to it's popularity the waiting list for a new Kodiaq was now 16 weeks, which takes us into the middle of August. That being the case he suggested I take delivery in Sept to take advantage of the new 67 plate. So now I'm looking at 18 weeks! I was hoping to get one this summer.

Then, whilst attempting to haggle with him, he went to visit his boss again and came back with an offer of a few quid off but also said that from Monday, Skoda were increasing the APR rate for PCPs from 4.9% to 5.8%. His thoughts were that due to the Kodiaq's popularity Skoda felt they could get away with increasing the APR. Part of me wondered if they were just saying that to make me sign on the dotted line.

I'll be visiting another dealer later on today to see if they can make me a better offer. I'll probably place an order but gutted at having to wait till September.
I was told 24 weeks delivery by a couple of sources and when I eventually ordered i was told 4 months due to not loading it with options.

No discounts to be had by several dealerships that i contacted but I managed to get a £1,700 on a SE L via a broker. I gave my local dealership the chance to match it but they wouldn't offer me as much as a fiver off.

My local dealership also told me the Apr was rising next week.

·
Registered
139 Posts
For what it's worth the octavia iso fix points come off entirely rather than sliding, so that's probably intentional on the kodiaq too. I guess if unlike me you do have kids you'd just leave them off altogether.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
I hear from the grapevine that there's a good chance the Active Info Display might be added with the Week 22 updates...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Zach said:
I hear from the grapevine that there's a good chance the Active Info Display might be added with the Week 22 updates...
Do you mean the upgraded dash which is one big display

·
Registered
138 Posts
I can tell that I'll be gutted mine is a week 19 build and will miss out. Next thing you know they'll be adding scrolling led indicators in week 22 as well :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts