Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would get this up and running.
I have a Superb 170 dsg estate which has been my faithful tow car for the last 7 years. It has towed our caravan all over the British Isles and France 'without a hitch'. (Sorry!!)
My last trip with the Superb and caravan will be to the North of Scotland over Easter as my new Kodiaq 190 dsg Edition was being built this week and will be with my dealer in Northern Ireland in early May.
Just wanted to hear of anyone's experience towing with the Kodiaq (particularly caravans), and any hints, tips or observations.
The folding tow bar looks very handy and I like that the 13 pin socket is on the bar and not on a flimsy bracket.
One minor issue is that I will have to change the 'foot kit' on my bike rack as the roof rails sit much closer down on the Kodiaq than the Superb.
Really looking forward to towing with the bear and will post my thoughts when I do. In the meantime it would be great to hear of other people's experiences with caravans or trailers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Where in ni you from, I'm portadown.
And who did you buy from

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi bigfootW,
I'm in Newtownabbey.
Ordered at Mulhollands Randalstown. My current Superb estate came from there 7 years ago.
Where is your Kodiaq coming from and when due.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Here's a video of the towbar in the Kodiaq:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hillhound said:
Hi bigfootW,
I'm in Newtownabbey.
Ordered at Mulhollands Randalstown. My current Superb estate came from there 7 years ago.
Where is your Kodiaq coming from and when due.
My kodiaq is coming from Howard Abrahams in Lurgan,my mk2 Octavia I got in randslstown.
When is yours due, we could be the first n.i delivered

Mine reached uk port middle of this week, should be at dealer end of next.
Think I'm going to wait until 1st may to collect it though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bigboss, thanks for the video. Played about with the tow bar on the lhd car on a launch night. Very easy to use and the way the 13 pin socket is in the bar is great. Very sturdy

BigfootW, my car is due early to mid May. Second car from Mulhollands. Had great service there with Superb. They have a few Kodiaqs about, Green one with beige leather in showroom, white and grey ones on the road and a red one out the back. There appears to be at least one customers car ready to collect.

Hope to get a few caravan weekends in May/June and a main caravan run in July for 2-3 weeks.

I'll report my thoughts as we go.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'll not be doing any caravaning as I've got a 150 tdi 4x4 manual

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've got the towbar just for the bicycle rack. Don't fancy carrying bikes on the roof.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So can you use a tow bar mounted bike rack and tow a trailer at same time with this tow bar? Can't see how it could work? Or is it only with the bulky fixed tow bars you can do this with?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Drew - don't think so. The towball is very "slick" and I can't see how more than one thing can be attached at once. Here's mine -

PS the reversing camera has an option to view downwards. Makes reversing up to trailer a doddle!

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
KodiaqPetrolHead said:
Drew - don't think so. The towball is very "slick" and I can't see how more than one thing can be attached at once. Here's mine -

PS the reversing camera has an option to view downwards. Makes reversing up to trailer a doddle!
Is that function of rear view camera or because you (maybe) have the trailer assist option?

·
Registered
314 Posts
$k0d1ak said:
KodiaqPetrolHead said:

Is that function of rear view camera or because you (maybe) have the trailer assist option?
No, my Superb has the same RVC and you can change the different viewing angles (no towbar)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah as I thought as I looked at it on mine. Oh well 4 bikes on the roof and my youngests one in the trailer!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Caravans = bikes on the roof! There are a few racks for the front of the caravan but bound to play havoc with nose weight.
It's better to have the weight on the car as opposed to the caravan. (Subject to legal plated weights)
I have three bikes on the roof of my Superb at present but will have to add the option of a fourth. One of the reasons I'm going to a Kodiaq.
Bought a plastic step in IKEA for £5 for the very purpose of getting bikes onto the roof of the Kodiaq when it comes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
$k0d1ak said:
KodiaqPetrolHead said:

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
KodiaqPetrolHead said:
$k0d1ak said:
KodiaqPetrolHead said:

Cool, thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just wanted to bump this back up.

Has anybody towed a caravan (or similar) with their Kodiaq yet?

Could someone with a 2.0 190 4x4 dsg 7 seater put up a photo of the weight plate please.

Ta

1 - 17 of 17 Posts