Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Kodiaq Review

51K views 106 replies 26 participants last post by  SoftSand 
#1 ·
Reviews starting to appear after recent press day

#3 ·
If you are still wondering which engine to go for, the Telegraph review is the most in depth regarding engines and interestingly their overall choice is for the 1.4 ,148bhp engine :D

#6 ·
The only bit I disagree with the telegraph review is going for SE L trim over Edition. Edition has the extra safety gear that lowers insurance premiums, and I personally can't put saving money before the safety of my family.

#7 ·
Interesting. Anybody know what their insurance costs are. You wil have to declare, age, mileage, area, NB, where kept and points to get a half decent comparison. Anyone know the various models insurance groups yet?
I am with Aviva. Full NCB, 3 points, lives on drive in Poole, SWMBO included (but not living with) 6000miles a year, SD&P only age 71.
Also Aviva app taken and shareholder discount. Currently paying £220 for 1.2 Yeti SE L DSG. next week I shall just change on line and then wait for the bill for the extra!! :eek:

#9 ·
I've added rear view camera after reading the Telegraph review. :)

#10 ·
I got to sit in an edition today in showroom, my review is 'very nice, I'm glad I've ordered one'. Also had a very interesting chat with chap who deals with the electronics. His suggestion was 'don't leave the showroom until all the electronics connections have been set up, it will take hours using the manual'

#11 ·
Thanks for that. let's hope that the dealers have been taught the ins & outs of so doing.

I also want my dealer to convert the ridiculous permanently ON 12V sockets to ignition controlled, but I'm not sure if it's possible.
I do realise that if you want a cool box in the boot it is useful to have that one live all the time, but I don't have this need.
I do however want both front and rear dash cams and I am forever forgetting to turn off the one one front facing one I have in the Yeti. :roll:
I have endless footage of dark nights and the bushes blowing in the wind in my drive! Together with a melted circle of ice on the windscreen on a frosty morning!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone else need this simply stoopid item rewiring?

#12 ·
Re Dash cam.
From looking at the manual, it looks like the best way to wire it for the front, is the same as my vRS ... Piggy back fuse holder in rear wiper fuse going to voltage converter usb socket, then run the usb cable up behind the pillar and tucked into headlining to camera.
The one pain, is unclipping the little damper slides on the glovebox (fusebox is behind that and it needs taking out to get to them).
It is a little fiddly with the one on the Octy, looks like there are 2 on the K !

#14 ·
Drive handling test, not really a review but worth seeing.

It's in Spanish, I can only understand it partially but the overall result seems to be good.

#15 ·
For Yeti owners moving up. (or for info for non Yetimen)
A HUGE plus(as far as I am concerned) has just been discovered.
Do you have folding mirrors on your Yeti?
Does it infuriate you that you have to .
A slow down to 9.5 mph before they will fold and
B infuriate you that you either have to hold the lock button on the remote or press twice (thereby deactivating the inner movement alarm and deadlock) before the mirror will fold?

#17 ·
New carwow review

Really liking this corrida red, esp now it's dubbed to be going away - and the huge boot space would allow for a spare hose in case there is a fire somewhere :p

#18 ·
$k0d1ak said:
New carwow review

Really liking this corrida red, esp now it's dubbed to be going away - and the huge boot space would allow for a spare hose in case there is a fire somewhere :p
Nice review! Good to see Mat prefers the petrol 1.4 TSi 150!

#20 ·
$k0d1ak said:
New carwow review

I was actually waiting for Mat's review - great to see he has given high marks to the Kodiaq and also that the 1.4 TSI 150 Petrol is actually one of his favorite engines!

#23 ·
Well he takes the wooden spoon for the worst quality video review of the Kodiaq I have seen.
He is also factually incorrect in at least one area.
The 7 seat is NOT an option on the SE L it is standard and £1000 more whether you want it or nor.

#25 ·
I also noticed that he said the 'Remote folding of rear seats' levers in the boot are not available on the 7 seaters when they are an option.

#26 ·
I was not impressed when he sat in the 3rd row and had his head pressing against the ceiling,
you can notice in the pillar behind a gap opening up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.