Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kodiaq has the worst creaks and squeeks inside the cabin. The dash creaks. All 4 door inserts creak when you press them or pull the handle to close the door. They do not feel solid at all.
If you go over any bumps it rattles. It's my first skoda. Always had Audi but loved the look of this car. I just don't think mine has been put together properly in the cabin. Even the glove box when openned rattles.if you press around the glove box or air vents it creaks like it is very plasticy. It feels very cheap inside the cabin. It's due to go in for a check up in 2 weeks. It will be my last skoda as it's just disappointing. Any body else have similar or is it just this one? Very frustrated at this point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - What model have you purchased? Have Skoda agreed to look into the issues your experiencing.

I'm just waiting for mine to be delivered and currently have a Passat estate which has a dash rattle when I drive which is so infuriating that I have to turn the radio up so share your frustrations.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
I got door trim panels rattling. They've tried to fix the front passenger 2 times to no avail so they're ordering a new door card for me. Rear driver's side doing it too now. Bloody ridiculous.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. It's an Irish car so it's the ambient 2.0 diesel automatic model but we put quite a few upgrades on it like the LED lights etc.

I took it back last week and a mechanic took it for a drive then said it was fine. He said that it was just the plastic on the door cards making the noise and it was fine.

I checked the showroom model and it's nothing like mine. If you gently press areas of the dash like the air vents ,instrument panel, top storage door they all creak. It s like plastic on plastic with no padding to stop this noise. It's driving me mad.
When the go over cats eyes on the motor way he vibration noise is terrible.
the handles in the car all creak openning and closing the car. It's not solid at all. Am I the only one with this??

·
Registered
188 Posts
It seems you're not the only one (others have mentioned the door cards problem), but it's certainly not typical of the model. Others, including me, have no creaks or rattles at all. This means it is something that (1) you should not accept and (2) that they should be able to fix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great. I have it booked in for a check up on the 21st so will keep everyone posted.. if yours is perfect then there has to be an issue.

There's that many creaks though so let see...

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
For your mechanic to say that's fine is bloody ridiculous. They ought to fix it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All 4 of my door cards creak.. you have to close the door gently as the handles also creak bad.. it's also the drivers side that is he worst and today the door bumper protector jammed and has snapped off.. the mechanism is not moving at all so I had to force the door closed. Just emailed the local garage as not waiting till the 21st.😠😠

·
Registered
141 Posts
My 2012 fiesta petrol 97k mileage has one rattle on the back seat somewhere, so I am expecting a better build quality on a brand new kodiaq, be assured anything like what you are all experiencing and it'll be going straight back! Also, people seem to think have superfluous things (door protectors) breaking is okay - wtf!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mines fine. 7 months and 7K miles and no creaks rattles or other unwanted noises.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I heard rattles in the rear door. Turned out to be the seat belt buckle rattling against the door. Easily sorted.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mine has been grand. One of the headlight washer nozzles didn't want to return properly at the start but a wee adjustment and it was chipper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had the car in for a check up and they agreed to repair the door safety guard and mechanism which is faulty which is good. In terms of the poorly fitted door panels and handles as they have not seen this fault before they said all they could do was send off a report. They did not admit it was bad even although we sat in a showroom model to compare which was so perfect compared to mine. The panels were solid and not squeky and loose like mine.Now there is a rattle coming from the dash so totally over skoda now. At this stage i think I will be forced to sell it and choose a different brand.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Tiguan Allspace. I'm looking at them at the moment

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tiguan Allspace would have the advantage of more power by taking the most expensive option but is the Allspace coming to NZ being assembled in Mexico ?

First Golf we had was assembled in South Africa , the current one in Germany , both excellent finish & a cut above the Kodiaq , but in saying that my Kodiaq is free of rattles & the finish is pretty good but perhaps not quite VW or Audi standard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Report came back to say that the faults were within the skoda parameters. Absolutely raging. The drivers door handle is now loose and the panel is coming away. I am meeting the garage manager tomorrow and might hand back the keys and never buy skoda again. Everyone be warned..

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Who said they are in Škoda parameters? Skoda UK? Tell them to stick it. Get in contact with Škoda CZ

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tbh every one I've driven and sat in have a creak when you press against the inside of the door panel...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had the car back at the dealers on Monday. The mechanic checked it over.his solution for all the creaks was to put some insulation tape behind the vents,glove box and door. Can't believe my new car is not up to standard and needs tape to make it quieter. I took him for a drive in it over a slightly bumpyroad and there are rattles everywhere.
They made me feel like it was not a big deal but it's genuinely so bad and feel that skoda is ripping me off
Not sure what my rights are at this stage as had it 4 months.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Could be worse. There's a guy over on Briskoda who wants their dealer to buy back their 1 year old Tiguan...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts