Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

With a provocative title I want to start a new thread where we can exchange our experiences with Kodiaq - positive or negative.

What did you think when you saw it for a first time? How did you feel when you took a test drive?

What positive or negative did happen during the ownership times? What about the car's malfunctions?

What about dealers' attitude toward you? Something about services and maintenances?

What's better or worse compared to your current car or compared to your 'ex-girlfriends'?

Just another simply clever thread ;)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I can only answer...
1 what did I think when I first saw ît.
SUPERB (SORRY!) :lol:
2 my dealer absolutely SUPERB (sorry again!)
Haven't had the chance to drive it yet.
3 what's better or worse than my current car.
Better.
Bigger boot, bigger engine, panoramic roof.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I really like at Skoda Slovenia?

For a starter, Skoda Slovenia offers 1% leasing opportunity where you pay 28% up-front and 1% per month in next 72 months. So actually you get 0% of interest rate. With that option you actually can't get a discount but it is still the best financial offer - 6,5% fixed interest rate is quite common here. And Slovenian Skoda prices are one of the lowest ones in EU so discounts are already limited - one dealer offered me 7%. W/o discounts you don't need to search for best dealer and you purchase the bear at the nearest location. In comparison a new Grand Scenic would get only 5% of discount and Renault Slovenia offers solid but still non-negative 2,5% fixed interest rate - in 72 months I would overpay for about 8% of full price.

Additionally Skoda Slovenia offers 2 + 4 years / 200,000 km of warranty with last 4 years being somehow limited but still you don't have to worry about your engine or turbine. For a new Grand Scenic I can get 5 years / 100,000 km that I would surpass in 4 years (25,000 km per year).

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The boot is the same as in my Grand Scenic (previous version): 110cm x 100cm x 54cm. I expected more but at least it is not less.

My Grand Scenic has artificial leather on the doors that looks much better that the ones in Kodiaq. Kodiaq door with undefined clothing looks cheap. On the other hand alcantara/leather combination looks better than Renault's clothing/leather approach. And Kodiaq at least has heated rear seats, heated steering wheel and wireless heated windshield.

Scenic's Tomtom navigation may work better than Skoda's Here Maps. A colleague of mine has rented Superb in Germany and he sad that navi really sucks. He turned it off and used its smartphone. But WIFI, 4G and Apple Carplay kicks Renault's ass big time. And Columbus Will update on-the-fly. No SD exchange actions.

He also said that when opening the trunk door after the rain, the water poured into the trunk over his business dress. The same problem was with rear doors. I hope because Kodiaq is as a SUV more rectangular in the shape, that may not happen. Anybody tested such situation?

I noticed that buttons on the steering wheel works funny. You press one button and other buttons move too beacuse they are joined in one plastic piece. White numbers on light gray background doesn't make visibility of the car speed. On the other hand all buttons can be seen in the dark.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have compared Kodiaq with GLC, Q5, (Grand) Santa Fe (Kia was boycotting), X-Trail, Koleos, Edge, Kuga, RAV4... at Ljubljana Autosalon and I must admit I REALLY LOVE Kodiaq. I want it badly!!! I can't see an alternative SUV.

Yes, GLC and Q5 were more premium but both lack in the area of the space.

I have also measured the height of the trunk from bottom to rollo. Kodiaq 5-seater is a champ (54 cm). Others are between 40 and 45 cm (X-trail 50 cm w/o loading desk. I was also shocked by Koleos because length of its trunk was around 95 cm

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts