Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My skoda is 4 months old and it's rattled since I got it.
There are creaks from all the vents, glove box and centre console going over slightly bumpyroad road.
Both door interiors have issues. The passenger one has a constant rattle inside. The whole door card creaks badly to touch and worse when driving.
The drivers interior door handle is loose when closing the door where it makes a terrible noise.

There is also a vibration coming from in that door too.

I have had it back 3 times now and they said it was within the skoda parameters.

It's so shoking as there is no solid feeling driving. Instead it's a creakyrattly one

They said maybe a solution is to put some foam tape behind the vents etc to stop the creaking.

Totally went off Skoda and totally gutted to be honest.

The lack of acknowledgement from the skoda garage is so frustrating as it seems to be "my" problem now as I own the car.

Not sure where to go next. All I can say is that I would not ever reckomend a skoda. It's cheaper,obviously for a reason.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My K is has no rattles at all. Maybe there is some quality variation.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Mine had creaks coming from the door trim panels and when hitting bumps, the top glove box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dropped my car off with a rattle in rear near side door and a vibration from dash/steering column ,plus squeak from drivers seat . Got a fabia as a courtesy car not a rattle ,on return to pick up my car all I got was couldn't find any faults . Anyone actually got these problems fixed , all skoda uk would day was take it to a dealer , so done that , next step is try the next 2 dealers nearby to see if they can hear the noises . Any helpful ideas ???

·
Registered
75 Posts
No issues in over 12 months of rough Dales lanes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
StephenL said:
No issues in over 12 months of rough Dales lanes.
No issues after 17k in 11 months in Finland.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got rattles inside both front door cards, the driver's door 'clunks' when I hit a bump (as though it isn't secured correctly) and driver's creaks. All this has started in the last few thousand miles. It's due in for its 10k service in four weeks and I've already notified the dealer and Skoda UK (it was part of an email raising a complaint about problems with marking on the chrome trim - I expecting a reply this week).
I'm hoping the dealer will be able to resolve the rattles!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I just joined this forum specifically for the issue of an occasional gentle, but very annoying, rattle that I seem to be getting from the glovebox when driving on rough surfaces (not bumps or potholes). Has been doing this from new about a month and half ago. Does it even when opening both gloveboxes.
Fuzz, you referred to fixing a glove box rattle by putting a soft gasket. Could you kindly please illustrate this in more detail in the hope it will help me too.
If anyone has the same issue I would appreciate your input as it is driving me crazy and I don't want to get the main dealer involved fearing that they may open up things and make things worse.

Regards

Kodiaq Sportline Petrol 2.0L DSG

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ranj said:
Hi,
I just joined this forum specifically for the issue of an occasional gentle, but very annoying, rattle that I seem to be getting from the glovebox when driving on rough surfaces (not bumps or potholes). Has been doing this from new about a month and half ago. Does it even when opening both gloveboxes.
Fuzz, you referred to fixing a glove box rattle by putting a soft gasket. Could you kindly please illustrate this in more detail in the hope it will help me too.
If anyone has the same issue I would appreciate your input as it is driving me crazy and I don't want to get the main dealer involved fearing that they may open up things and make things worse.

Regards

Kodiaq Sportline Petrol 2.0L DSG
Unfortunarely the rattle is back...have to put some more rubbergasket between glovebox and glovebox cover. Mine stop rattles if i put a little pressure with hand to the glovebox cover.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Kodiaq (L&K, 2.0L TSI, driving since April 2019, 17000km) has started to rattle when it had around 15000km and it seems that rattling noise comes from the left air vent when the engine turns around 2000 rpm. Not below and not above...I have to press and hold it gently to stop the noise. Very annoying! If I don't find an easy fix myself, I will take it back to dealer for a check.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts