Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one HELP unable to get SDcards or Ipod to work car is only 7day old need an idiots guide please thank you ug ernie

·
Registered
67 Posts
Happy to try and assist but maybe you could give us all a little more information on what exactly the issue is you are experiencing please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you . i have loaded my sd cards extreme [10 ] 32 gb sandisk from my apple computer and tryed them in the car ,no go .
loaded a sandisk 32gb cruzer glide from apple play list in car no go . ipod plug in aux no go . i phone in aux no go . blue tooth ok cd ok
have only just joined this site and still havent found my way round. ugernie

·
Registered
947 Posts
romanv said:
Can you format SD with Windows 10? Use exFAT or FAT32.
Needs to be exFAT foe 32gb or above.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
When you tap media see you choosing the source? Should be a button on the bottom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you all for the info all my music is on an apple computer and i would like to down load my play lists have tried all sorts changed the files to m3u and aac as per skoda ins still no go . i have no idea how to get fat files . i put an sd card in the car to format it when i took it out put it on my computer the car had downloaded a skoda advert for the new car coming out next year could not believe it . so i really do need an idiots guide .

thank you ug

·
Registered
947 Posts
ugernie said:
thank you all for the info all my music is on an apple computer and i would like to down load my play lists have tried all sorts changed the files to m3u and aac as per skoda ins still no go . i have no idea how to get fat files . i put an sd card in the car to format it when i took it out put it on my computer the car had downloaded a skoda advert for the new car coming out next year could not believe it . so i really do need an idiots guide .

thank you ug
FAT and exFAT are not files or file formats, it relates to the File Allocation Table (FAT), essential how file locations are stored within a volume. There should be no reason why m3u and aac files should not play as both CODEC's are supported by Columbus. I presently use FLAC as I ripped them in this format as its lossless, I will go lossy to save space when I have run out of more exciting things to do.

I have seen that some cards have had issues being read, I'm using a cheap Toshiba 128gb SDXC class 10 card with a 80mb/s transfer speed which works perfectly well. They are about £40 to buy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Try this to format the card first before putting your music on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you tried that disk utility it could not see the sd card . my computer is 10.12.6 late 2009 sierra

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do you know if i can somehow use web-radios like TUNEIN in Kodiaq Columbus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all have cracked it ,this plonker never new any thing about the magnifier glass in the top corner went on u tube as said by Jan in slovenia and then it all come to light well i did ask for an idiots guide " so many thanks all who replied . Ok hear is a new one would like to do my own servicing on the kodiaq when its due has any body done oil change filters ect ,if so what do i need to watch out for ect . Than kyou ug

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I doubt if anyone has reached sufficient mileage to do any servicing ETC, yet. They were only let out of their cages on 6th April.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts