Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would imagine it will look very smart, as with the other marques it will be a less practical car though imo

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hope it's not as ugly as the BMW X4/6 or GT versions of the saloons.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Plodd said:
Hope it's not as ugly as the BMW X4/6 or GT versions of the saloons.
Oops. It is.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
YEE-UK!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've seen worse to be fair.
It would be nice, really nice if they did something about the front end rather than look to build the GT for the European market.
This is my only real beef with my car, it looks a million dollars from most angles but the front end looks way too bland.
Just a vast expanse of plastic grill and a big round badge above it, on the bonnet.
They could do so much better.......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rob M said:
It would be nice, really nice if they did something about the front end rather than look to build the GT for the European market.
This is my only real beef with my car, it looks a million dollars from most angles but the front end looks way too bland.
Just a vast expanse of plastic grill and a big round badge above it, on the bonnet.
edit: Anyway, Im not convinced that the GT would enter the UK market.
I suspect that the new Karoq will eventually carry the VRS moniker as opposed to the Kodiaq.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
As an ex 3 times Yeti owner, I far from impressed with the Karoq. It has lost the individuality of the Yeti. Looks just like a Kodiaq that has been put through a too hot wash cycle and shrunk. As many have said both in this place and on the YOC forum. all SUVs are staring to look so similar that it is difficult to tell which is which.
It is nearly as expensive as the Kodiaq and nearly as big. So I must ask myself (and Skoda) WHY??? Perhaps the Fabia based SUV will be different, but I doubt it. It really will be the family of 3 bears then!
It is also over 'tech'ed'. I know the motoring world is going tec mad and perhaps I am just an old dinosaur, but I really can't see the point. Everybody has a mobile phone which can do everything a computer can do these days, so why do we have to replicate it on a car.
It is illegal to hold a mobile in a car and yet NOT illegal to be web browsing, 'Farcebooking' or 'Twattering' whilst doing 70 mph on a motorway.
Just wait for the first M~way pile up caused by use of in car tech, the then!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Rob M said:
Personally, I love the front end. One of the best looking SUVs around.

·
Registered
188 Posts
bigboss said:
Personally, I love the front end. One of the best looking SUVs around.
Me too. I like the classy understatement, which manages actually to make the car look more expensive than it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts