Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

<t>Now that there is a choice, would you pick/change for Sirius or Triglav on the Edition?</t>

• <t>Triglav</t>

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • <t>Sirius</t>

Votes: 8 36.4%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skoda UK has caved to our repeated emails and phone pestering.... probably too late for me.... Send a message to my dealer, we'll see...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Sirius wheels are a $300 option over the standard Triglav wheels over here...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really??? wow.... here they were both available for free on the SE L, but not on the 'Hero' car (what an awful term...) where they thought it was a good idea to restrict the choice to one type only... though it is the most expensive model.... They've been moronic at skoda UK.... Calling my contact there at 9.30....

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
They are all sitting their 'toogevva' waithing for a boat and a nice calm day!

·
Registered
289 Posts
The option of swapping rim design was opened up on the 16th March on the configurator. I'd still stick with the triglav as it is easier to access the spokes for cleaning.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Moominpapa, absolootly. [email protected] choice for my SE L. But being a lazy sod I went for TRIGLAV for exactly the same reason, also, they are different. I think Sirius are boriing.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Colin, great minds think alike!

My opinion is that Skoda UK should open up the option to shrink rim size down as well as different designs. I would have appreciated the dilemma of 18" vs triglavs.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
One needs to be careful of having smaller wheels, unless you want it to look as daft as the Yeti does. I have had 3 and have always thought that the wheels look ridiculous in the larger arches.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't mind if the wheels look small from the outside as the look is not why I am swapping to the Kodiaq. I mind more if I end up with a jittery ride on rims that are too large esp when I am going 2wd and won't have option of dcc.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I concur, 18's should have also been an option.
As for cleaning, I think you will find just as many nooks to get into on the Triglavs as any other wheel.
Of course looks are subjective, but I prefer the looks of the Sirius when all old school silver, different matter when anthracite and diamond cut.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I chose Triglav for my SE L as they are easier to clean and less boring. There ain't much you can do to make a wheel look more interesting, but Triglav is certainly different, like it or like it not. (I would much rather have had 'CRATER' but the Skoda 'Nazis' wouldn't let us!)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a quick update on this subject: Cherrie called me today to ask me if I would accept a £500 voucher applicable at the dealer to use to purchase new wheels or any aftermarket bits, or even servicing. quite happy with that, as the dealer already confirmed they would swap the wheels for me anyway. Double whammy!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Skoda seem to be treating 'early adopters' very well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hmm so causing a fuss does work, well played. I'm anoyed with this too especially with skoda official pics STILL showing better wheels than are actually on the production models, which is really annoying. Not sure how to complain now. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't even know about the issue either if still be assuming it came with the wheels as shown in the brochure...

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You would have realised when you configured it. If you didn't do that you would quite rightly been very P'd off !
As an aside...... On the Yeti forum a chap ordered a new Yeti SE PLUS and the order form was incorrectly filled out & an SE WAS DELIVERED without any of the extras on the Plus.
Luckily for the dealer they found an SE PLUS(albeit a different colour) . So mistakes do happen?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts