Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick review, will clean and get pics up later.

The car has just arrived, dropped the delivery guy back at the station and took it for a quick spin. I've just handed back my Audi a6 Ultra Avant Black edition that was highly specced so I was interested to see the difference.

I went for the same engine 190 bhp Diesel and DSG gear box, on this front the Kodiaq drives very nicely and is practially the same as the Audi in day to day driving, it handles far better then my wives Kia sportage. I'm not a fan of SUV's so this was refreshing, we got the Kodiaq as a good practical car.

So far very impressed with the ride, I'm coming from 20" low profile wheels on the Audi so the 19"s on the Edition drive much smoother.

I'm very impressed with the amount of standard kit, some of this cost £1000's extra on the Audi. INfotainment system is a night and day improvement over the horrid Audi one which had so many buttons and knobs next to the gear stick innviting a crash. The Kodiaq touchscreen is very nice and responsive.

Anyway, so far very impressed and nice size boot ;o) This is the first time I had driven one having orderd in early January.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Well done you!
Glad you join the ranks of the 'super chuffed'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After having the car for 24 hours, I'm not missing my Audi at all which I thought wouldn't be the case.

My observations after driving a few times now.

The car is very smooth to drive, the DSG box is less laggy then my S-Tronic in the Audi, as I have the same 190bhp engine performance is similar. I usually put it into sport mode at busy roundabouts to give me a more instant and predictable response from the accelerator.

Seats are really comfortable and the car lets in a nice amount of light, I wish I would have gone for ambient lighting pack as it's a nice touch. I had this on the Audi.

Apple Car play works really well and is a lot less hassle then using Bluetooth with your music. As I use Deezer I can see all my playlist without having to mess around.

The only thing I don't like is the Skoda Connect feature, in the Audi I had a SIM tray I could use. The Skoda doesn't have this on the Edition, It also doesn't appear to have the option to use a mobile unless I make it a hotspot which causes issues with Car play working. I will investigate this further over the next day or two.

For me, it's the perfect family car for the stage we are at with a toddler and 8 week old baby with prams.

The toddler loves the fact he has more window space to look out of and I also don't break my back bending down to get him in the car seat like I had to do with the Audi.

As I have it on lease for two years, we may end up ordering the sportline version when it comes out for when this one runs out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts