Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

Can anyone advise on the best accessories to buy for the car if you are a dog owner?
I got some prices for the following items directly from Skoda....

Plastic Boot dish (product code: 565061162) £150.00
Fold-out boot mat with cover (product code: 565061210) £70.00
All-weather mat for tunnel (product code: 565061580) £12.00
Transverse trunk grille (product code: 565017221) £193.00 fitted £265.00
Prestige textile foot mats (product code: 566061270) £75.00
All-weather interior mats-front (product code: 566061502) £35.00
All-weather interior mats-rear (product code: 565061512) £30.00

The trunk grille is a must but there are a few different mats for the boot.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
By Trunk grille I assume they mean dog guard?
Luckily my dog is too old to jump over the back of the back seat.
You can buy rubber boot liners that you cut to fit for a fraction of the price of the Skoda rip off boot liners, but it depends on type of dog, degree of muck brought into car etc
I have two old Yeti boot liners that together fit the Kodiaq pretty well and then I put towels e and vet bed on top to soften it for the dog. The fold out boot mat is a bit of questionable thing as there is really no lip that need protecting. My dog jumps in and out cleanly but SWMBO's dog is a clumsy lump so when she is with me I simply use an old dog towel and simply flip it out over the threshold.
I very rarely carry anybody in the back seats so I just make do with ordinary Lidl type rubber mats.
You could waste an awful lot of money if you go the whole hog.
I suggest you take the measurements of the Kodiaq boot and then compare with other large estates such as Volvo, Subaru Forester etc and I bet you can find a much cheaper alternative on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=rubber+boot+liners+for+estate+cars&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xrubber+boot+liners+.TRS0&_nkw=rubber+boot+liners+&_sacat=0
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=skoda+Kodiaqboot+liners&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xskoda+Kodiaq+boot+liners.TRS0&_nkw=skoda+Kodiaq+boot+liners&_sacat=0

·
Registered
31 Posts
With two large dogs, the boot was a major consideration. I have found out that the boot size is near identical to that of the Superb Estate. The width is the same in the main area and the length is very close, too, with the middle seats in forward position. There are many non-OEM products for the superb out there, so it may be worth looking at those, especially for things like boot liners, boot mats etc.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not received my car yet, hopefully its being built this week. :?
However I have ordered Skoda rubber mats, tunnel mat, mud flaps and boot dish from my dealer as I wanted protection and a proper fit to stop mud and sand from my four dogs. Its also too early to find specific Kodiaq mats from other brands.
My dealer was brilliant and priced matched the items from the cheapest online prices I could find which was superskoda and theskodashop.co.uk, and I don't have to pay shipping costs :lol:
I did have to pay mud flap fitting costs but thats worth it to me if I don't have to fit them myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have placed an order in late April but forgot to add LED headlights as an accessory. Does anyone know if they can be added now?
(The car should arrive in November, so it will probably be built in October)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Kodi said:
I have placed an order in late April but forgot to add LED headlights as an accessory. Does anyone know if they can be added now?
Check with your dealer. If the status code is 0 or 10, you can add. If 20 or later (which is unlikely), then you can't

·
Registered
314 Posts
Kodi said:
No reason why not, even if he has to cancel the order and re-order another car, you shouldn't slip back either as the car is miles away from being built.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Big Boss is quite correct.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Kodi said:
Lucky you for having the option. Whilst standard on the SE L and Edition, no options to upgrade the 'hmmmm' halogens on the S or SE in the UK.
I hope that changes soon !

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to my dealer and he had to cancel the order and reorder the car, but everything went without any problems. Except I'm now again at the end of the line, but it's worth waiting a bit longer. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Skoda dealer said that the dog guard is only available for the five seater. I'm assuming it will fit the seven seater only when the rear two seats are folded flat?
Does anyone know if it can be removed once fitted as Skoda recommended that it is fitted by them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts