Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ideally we want to purchase quickly a 5 seat edition version of the Kodiaq, none of the dealers appear to have one. If we purchase a 7 seater, it it possible to remove the third row on a permanent basis?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You just fold them down into the floor and you have a nice big flat trunk space. The third row will be hiding in the floor, like in VW Tiguan Allspace and Audi Q7 and the coming SEAT Tarraco.

·
Registered
141 Posts
In the U.K. any trim level above SE comes with 7 seats as standard but as Scandi said they fold flat so they'll never bother you. I too wasn't looking for a 7 seater but it made more sense going for the SE L version rather than going for SE plus extras as the SE would end up costing more.

I think Skoda missed a trick as they could have easily charged extra for 7 seats in all trim levels. By the way the third row is actually usable so you never know it may come in handy

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
When I ordered My K (SEL) in December '16 it was 7 seats , no choice and it cost £1000 MORE than a five seater. I will never use them.
Now of course (in the U.K.) they are an option on the SEL. I was P'd off then and I am still P'd off at having to spend £1K more than I needed to.
If you DO find a way to remove them you will leave a dirty great hole in the boot floor.
As suggested above. Do as I do, just leave them folded.
OR ORDER a 5 seater.
If you are in such a hurry that you can't wait for an order you will just have to lump it I'm afraid.

G

·
You don't say where you are located, or if you require petrol or diesel, but there is at least half a dozen 5 seater Editions on Autotrader.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There is also a problem with the 5 seat version. When the back seats are folded down, you're left with a 2 inch ridge, which of course is useless if you need a flat floor. That's why I went for the 7 seat, as this gives you a virtual flat floor throughout.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Kenny R said:
I too am unsure on what you would gain removing 3rd row of seats
0162AD06-E2F6-4539-ACA2-1605D777B9DB.jpeg
I think it's around 200 liters of extra boot space.

Unlike some on this thread I would have liked an SE L or Edition spec but DID NOT want 7 seats and DID want the extra boot space.
However when I ordered anything above SE spec came with 7 seats if you wanted them or not hence I have an SE.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Plod,
I was consoldering doing that but wanted other things that the SE L had.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As I see it, there are 2 very good reasons for buying a 5 seater if you dont need the 3.row.

1) 5 seater have 120liter more luggage space.
2) the 5 seater can pull 500kg more trailer (2500kg vs 2000kg with the 7 seater)

and for those that want a flat floor, Skoda offers a "fake" floor you can install, keeping the luggaga space, and get the same floor as with the 3. row folded down.

A 3. reason, thats not valied in the UK as I understand from whats been written here, is that you save £1000 on a 5 seater.
in scandinavia, and some other european countries, all trim levels and models are available in 5 and 7 seats

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
As you can see 5 seats are approx £1k cheaper in the U.K.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sletto said:
Colin Lanbert, I stand corrected. Been reading about models only available in 7 seaters.
At launch (when we ordered) SE L and Edition were 7 seat only. After a month or 2 they offered all trim levels with 5 or 7 seats.

·
Registered
139 Posts
To answer the question yes you can remove the back seats easily enough, from the back if you lift them as if you were getting to the spare wheel, you can pop off the gas struts sideways and then they lift out. To detach the brackets as well, you will need a large torx/spline Allen key.

The seats are ludicrously heavy so you would save a bit of mpg as well as gain a significant extra space. However the setup is different for the 7 seater, so it will be pretty obvious the seats are missing and it won't look tidy like the 5 seat version - unless you perhaps source bits of trim from a 5 seat version and replace some from the 7.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dr_Pepper said:
To answer the question yes you can remove the back seats easily enough, from the back if you lift them as if you were getting to the spare wheel, you can pop off the gas struts sideways and then they lift out. To detach the brackets as well, you will need a large torx/spline Allen key.

The seats are ludicrously heavy so you would save a bit of mpg as well as gain a significant extra space. However the setup is different for the 7 seater, so it will be pretty obvious the seats are missing and it won't look tidy like the 5 seat version - unless you perhaps source bits of trim from a 5 seat version and replace some from the 7.
Thanks for the info, very helpful

·
Registered
18 Posts
3rd row don't come out as standard - allthough you could probably unbolt them. However they do fold up from the back to access additional storage space under the 3rd row, I don't know whether this is included in the storage figures or not. But it is easily big enough to put in camping chairs, shoes, coats etc. There is a small division wall between that and the main underfloor storage behind the 3rd row, this wall can be slide out to combine the space with the rear underfloor for longer objects. This means if you took the 3rd row and the small wall and false floor you would have a pretty much flat surface to the rear sill. BTW I did not originally realise there was yet a further under under floor storage at the rear where the tookl kit is. Hope that helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts