Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current 2 year lease with the Octavia Scout is coming to and end in June 2017.
I need to make an order pretty soon for another lease and look at going for the Kodiaq (SE or Edition).

This is my 2nd ever lease so I would still call myself new to leasing...
What would be the advantages and disadvantages of a 3 year lease over a 2 year lease?

I expect to do around 9000 miles PA
Ideally we would like to take a longer lease (3-4 years) however from my understanding, it would be more costly with service/maintenance costs coming into play?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Chris,

I always suggest a 2 year lease to my customers 9 out of 10 times they work out the same of less than a 3 year in overall cost because of the residual values.

Plus you get a new car quicker and have less chance of getting bored, also if circumstances change then you are not locked in.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Chris,

Looking at your mileage, two years is best, as you then could probably rule out tyre costs (unless of course you drive on the ragged edge??!!)

I always do 2 years, although 20k mile pa.

I would check, as if you order a Kodiaq now, I if it will be here at the end of June.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Definitely a two year lease on the kodiaq as there won't be significant discounts to the lease companies on a newly launched car in high demand. If you really like the car after two years its likely you'll be able to get a higher spec model for the same payments as discounts will have filtered through by then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts