Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the Stop/Start kicking in prematurely? There have been a number of incidents where I have pulled up to a junction, nearly come to a complete stop, but attempted to carry on only to find the car stalled due to the Stop-Start function.

Does anyone know if there is a way to globally turn it off - so that it does not activate again after ignition.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have noticed this as well. the only way you can turn it off is to get into the habit, as I did on the Yeti, to start the car and press the stop start button EVERY TIME YOU START THE CAR.
DO NOT attempt to disconnect the switch or the car will not start at all! Gizmom68 might be able to tell you if it possible to alter the ECU with a VCDS machine to disable the stop/start function.
I found on the Yeti that it is a complete waste of time and very annoying as it did not save me any petrol, but it depends on where you live.
So saying, would you please put your location (town) on your profile and car details on your signature. This helps with others knowing what & where if you ask any more questions.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, Its going in this afternoon to the local dealer. Hopefully they may be able to offer some assistance, but by the sounds of it, disabling this is not an option.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Not permanently, no. Only turn it off every time you start the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts