Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though the Skodiaq has a great infotainment system and a little cubby hole for the mobile phone, sometimes it's handy to mount the phone within view.

Has anyone considered what mounts may work well yet with that dash?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
romanv said:
Not at all, I am planning to use Apple Carplay to mirror iPhone's screen on infotainment display.
Hi. That's a good option but as you probably already know it's only a very cut down user interface that's meant to then be safe for drivers. Also apple car play only supports apple maps for navigation which isn't the best for some.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Columbus with Here Maps will be sufficient for me. What I really want to have on Carplay is Apple Music, phone calls, messaging and... maybe that's all. Everything that's not prohibited by law.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Moved from 'Help me choose the right Kodiaq'

Zach wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:43 am
I would recommend the Logitech +Drive suction mount: https://www.logitech.com/en-nz/product/ ... ?crid=1537 . You stick a thin metal plate and the mount will work as a magnet.

Alternatively, you could get an air-vent mounted phone holder - Logitech has one too: https://www.logitech.com/en-nz/product/ ... ?crid=1537

Both are fairly expensive but are worth it imo for the quality and ease of use.
With the blue tooth connectivity on the Kodiaq and the law changing in the U.K 2 days ago, I won't be having my phone anywhere that might tempt me to even TOUCH it when driving. It will now cost U.K drivers £200 and SIX points(12 and you are off the road!) on your licence! If Plod sees you. and boy are they cracking down. In Dorset on the 1st March they caught and prosecuted 42 drivers on ONE road in 3 hours!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
With the blue tooth connectivity on the Kodiaq and the law changing in the U.K 2 days ago, I won't be having my phone anywhere that might tempt me to even TOUCH it when driving. It will now cost U.K drivers £200 and SIX points(12 and you are off the road!) on your licence! If Plod sees you. and boy are they cracking down. In Dorset on the 1st March they caught and prosecuted 42 drivers on ONE road in 3 hours!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Moved from 'Help me choose the right Kodiaq'

Zach wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:43 am
I would recommend the Logitech +Drive suction mount: https://www.logitech.com/en-nz/product/ ... ?crid=1537 . You stick a thin metal plate and the mount will work as a magnet.

Alternatively, you could get an air-vent mounted phone holder - Logitech has one too: https://www.logitech.com/en-nz/product/ ... ?crid=1537

Both are fairly expensive but are worth it imo for the quality and ease of use.
Crap did I post it on the wrong thread? Sorry about that

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Don't worry. I tried to do a 'split' but could not get my old brain round it so I had to copy and post , Screen shot your pic, upload it to Botophucket and re-paste it.
That's why my signature is at the bottom of your post, which I can't delete for some reason. Sorry!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Font Rectangle Darkness Poster Advertising

Mount it in the glove box. THINK there is a reason fines and points have doubled. Could be considered a little selfish to mount your phone given all the tech in the Kodi. If penalties and other folks safety ain't enough; it looks naff and takes away from the cars beautiful interior.

Preach over.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts