Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia ora, greetings from Waikato New Zealand
Looking forward to delivery of my Quartz Grey Ambition+. Ordered 29-05-17. Delivery 20-10-17, hopefully. Although the heated seats would be great now, with winter here.
 

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Hey there, didn't think we'd get another Hamiltonian here! I've got an expected delivery mid-October as well. How did you find the 1.4? I've only driven the 2.0 TSI and TDI when I was ordering spec. Did you go with Ebbett? If so did they throw anything in for you? They were only willing to throw in rubber floor mats and mud flaps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I found the 1.4 went very well for its size. With the whole family in the Bear it didn't seem to lack any power. And the power was on tap from the start, not like some of the Japanese cars I have driven where you have to wait for about 3000 rpms before you get any power. Although it may take some time to get used to the DSG. I didn't go with Ebbett. I tried all the dealers in Auckland, Tauranga and Hamilton, and Tauranga came through with a better deal. Not much of a saving, but any dollar left in my pocket is a bonus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, can't PM at the moment, looks like I need to do a few more posts. They wouldn't budge on the car price, but I was able to get them to discount some optional equipment. Still no where near the features and equipment of the Style though.
 

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
What options did you get? Only discounted option I got was the third key + driver personalisation as an NCO... Only a $120 discount but hey, better than nothing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The options I ordered were
Colour multi-function display
Net partition
Sunset glass dark tint
Blind spot indicator

I was going to order the virtual pedal, but I was advised against it.
 

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
I couldn't get the virtual pedal to work... Only time it worked was when I was reaching the back of the boot with the keys in my pocket... Tried to eat me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
KodiaqNZ said:
Hi, I found the 1.4 went very well for its size. With the whole family in the Bear it didn't seem to lack any power. And the power was on tap from the start, not like some of the Japanese cars I have driven where you have to wait for about 3000 rpms before you get any power. Although it may take some time to get used to the DSG. I didn't go with Ebbett. I tried all the dealers in Auckland, Tauranga and Hamilton, and Tauranga came through with a better deal. Not much of a saving, but any dollar left in my pocket is a bonus.
Hi from fellow nz'er. Ordered mine from Tauranga as well. Nice vehicles, hope i dont regret buying a european car, all the reviews seem great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All the reviews I have seen from Europe, UK, Australia and NZ are very positive about the car. Skoda has either spent a fortune on encouraging reviewers to supply great reviews, :eek: or the car is really as good as they say. After a second test drive this weekend the car is as good as they say.
I used to stay away from euro cars as parts and repairs were always a nightmare here in New Zealand, but I think things have changed. I see a lot more Euros on the road now and this will be my third Euro car and my Euros don't seem to break down any more then the Japanese and Australian cars I have owned. This will be my first new car so I hope it will be a long time before I have to worry about a breakdown. :)
 

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Completely agree. I have driven many euros (not just hours but for a few weeks a time) but never owned one until now because of your reasoning. Hope all goes well for us!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
KodiaqNZ said:
All the reviews I have seen from Europe, UK, Australia and NZ are very positive about the car. Skoda has either spent a fortune on encouraging reviewers to supply great reviews, :eek: or the car is really as good as they say. After a second test drive this weekend the car is as good as they say.
I used to stay away from euro cars as parts and repairs were always a nightmare here in New Zealand, but I think things have changed. I see a lot more Euros on the road now and this will be my third Euro car and my Euros don't seem to break down any more then the Japanese and Australian cars I have owned. This will be my first new car so I hope it will be a long time before I have to worry about a breakdown. :)
First time buying a new car for me as well. Test drove Mazda CX-9, Toyota Highlander, Rexton and Pajero Sport. The Kodiaq was by far streets ahead of these. Looking forward to having a new car.
 

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
I drove the CX 9, liked it but Kodiaq was a better fit for a family of 3.
 

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
I drove the CX 9, liked it but Kodiaq was a better fit for a family of 3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We were limited to Euro only as my wife didn't want to change indicator sides between cars.
We were keen on a Peugeot 3008 because of it's styling although the infotainment screen looks like an after thought sticking out of the dash. The leg room in the back was also very limited compared to the cavernous space in the Kodiaq. Although the styling of the Kodiaq is conservative at least the infotainment screen is built into the dash. :)
The seven seats should be useful if the kids want to invite friends around.
 

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
I personally don't see the problem changing indicator sides - on my various test drives I never hit the wipers instead of the indicator and vice versa. The new Peugeot design language is nice for the hatches but I don't think it scales too nicely with the SUV's, a bit too ostentatious IMO. I however agree the Kodiaq is fairly conservative inside and out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Zach said:
I personally don't see the problem changing indicator sides - on my various test drives I never hit the wipers instead of the indicator and vice versa. The new Peugeot design language is nice for the hatches but I don't think it scales too nicely with the SUV's, a bit too ostentatious IMO. I however agree the Kodiaq is fairly conservative inside and out.
I took the Kodiaq for a test and before I drove it, said to myself "Now don't make a fool of yourself and hit the wipers".....and then proceeded to do it three times in succession.
Interestingly driving overseas on the left hand side it is more natural to use the indicator. it won't be an issue after a couple of days.

I too looked at all the other AWD FWD drives and something cool is happening with the Kodiaq that is harder to define. Maybe when I finally get it I can put words to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
KodiaqNZ said:
Hi, I found the 1.4 went very well for its size. With the whole family in the Bear it didn't seem to lack any power. And the power was on tap from the start, not like some of the Japanese cars I have driven where you have to wait for about 3000 rpms before you get any power. Although it may take some time to get used to the DSG. I didn't go with Ebbett. I tried all the dealers in Auckland, Tauranga and Hamilton, and Tauranga came through with a better deal. Not much of a saving, but any dollar left in my pocket is a bonus.
i ordered from Tauranga. i'm surprised they budged on price, as i thought Skoda Nz strictly controlled prices
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Tauranga Kodiaqer here. awaiting April / May 2018 delivery. 110kw 4x4 (wish i went for the 2wd, but will have to pay new prices ($3000 extra). moon white exterior, beige leather interior. have seen one white and one black around TGA
 

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Why'd you pay the extra $2k for the Ambiton+? Still $2k cheaper to go Ambition route...
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top