Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed some peeps putting on their order threads that that they have got spacesaver, Canton & KESSY in VIP package.
I have just checked the standard fitments for SE L & Edition and KESSY is STANDARD on both. NOt however on S & SE.
So VIP package on those two models does NOT include KESSY as it is already fitted. (unless you know differently- as they used to say) :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Which version of KESSY do UK Kodiaqs get? Over here KESSY is standard on all but the base trim however KESSY with Safelock can be optioned on.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of 'safelock'. KESSY here is keyless entry & ignition.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If I understand correctly I think there are now 2 versions of KESSY. 'KESSY Go' which is keyless start but not keyless entry for all models I believe, and full kessy for SEL and over. I think this matches VW where most models now have 'Kessy Go' as standard.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have seen KESSY GO on Yeti configurator but no mention of 'Go'.
I c annot believe that a car as electronically advanced as the Kodiaq would still need a key to start it. every picture I have seen and the Finnish VIP car all had start buttons.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Got this when asking about Safelock/safe:

Hi Zachary,

There is an imobilizator and keyless access as standard, this option gives you an interior monitoring sensor and alarm with safe function.
The safe function prevents the door from being opened from the inside so if a thief breaks the window, they won't be able to open the door from pulling the inside door handle.
If you fit it on the car you must be careful not to lock anyone in the car on a hot day because they won't be able to get out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Zach said:
Got this when asking about Safelock/safe:

Hi Zachary,

There is an imobilizator and keyless access as standard, this option gives you an interior monitoring sensor and alarm with safe function.
The safe function prevents the door from being opened from the inside so if a thief breaks the window, they won't be able to open the door from pulling the inside door handle.
If you fit it on the car you must be careful not to lock anyone in the car on a hot day because they won't be able to get out.
So no different to what they have been fitting (deadlocks) for the last 10+ years then? (apart from the keyless starting)

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Well my Nissan X-Trail has lock tabs on the handles that can be unlocked anytime, even when the door is unlocked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts