Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For reasons unknown I can't LOCK my car using the sensor in the door handle. It's UNLOCKS fine using the sensor on the inside of the handle. I've made sure the key is close to it, but it refuses to LOCK so end up having to use the fob. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Are you are just touching the outside sensor (and not holding the handle... as this will unlock the car) and have the keys on you at the time?

If so then it's back to the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, not grabbing the handle, but touching the small line on the outside of the handle. It worked three is four times but not since. Wasn't sure if I'd pressed a button I shouldn't have. The KESSY opening seems fine. It's the same on drivers and passengers side. Odd!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Have you checked the settings?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
darkKnight54 said:
Swipe the outside of your hand slowly along the ingrained line on the door handle from left to right. It will lock. :)
Schooled in the ways of the force, you are. Just went and tried this technique and it worked. Turns out you need to treat your Kodiaq with a gentle touch ;)

Thanks DN54

·
Registered
617 Posts
OT84 said:
Which ones?
Initially, my KESSY wasn't responding properly. I changed the settings for all the doors to open when unlocked (that's what I wanted anyway), and since then it's been flawless.

Yes, I gently stroke the handle with my hand and it locks every time. :)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
The trouble is with most chaps & I admit I am one of the worst, is.........
We don't read manuals! ( I haven't read it and so I don't know if it tells you how to operate the 'touchy bits'.
But I fell into that trap of holding the handle and trying to lock it. There was all sorts of 'solenoidal' clanking going on as though the car was saying "Make your bluddy mind up , do want it locked or unlocked." :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Colin Lambert said:
The trouble is with most chaps & I admit I am one of the worst, is.........
We don't read manuals! ( I haven't read it and so I don't know if it tells you how to operate the 'touchy bits'.
But I fell into that trap of holding the handle and trying to lock it. There was all sorts of 'solenoidal' clanking going on as though the car was saying "Make your bluddy mind up , do want it locked or unlocked." :lol: :lol: :lol:
Manuals! Pfft! It says but here to 'touch' to lock. However it should say 'lovingly brush from left to right'

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Oh, you've cheated and read the manual! :lol:
well done for finding it.
I get so fed up with all the 'Warning', 'don't do this', 'don't do that'.
I loose the will to live after a couple of pages!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just finished reading the manual cover to cover for the 3rd time.
Your right Colin the warnings are sooooo irritating, :evil: if they took them out it would only be a few pages long.
Anyway, it has given me something to do before I pick up my New Bear up in an hour. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Pheebs said:
Anyway, it has given me something to do before I pick up my New Bear up in an hour. :D :D :D :D :D
Love it. True commitment to the forum - if mine was an hour away id be too excited to type!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just pat the handle with either the front or back of my fingers.

Never found a need to point a finger at the handle as shown on the manual picture.

While washing the cars I can regularly lock and unlock them a few times while running a soapy sponge along the doors while the key is in my pocket.

And you do have to keep an eye on the little kids playing with door handles if you're both standing by the car.

Harking back many years to my previous Superb, I can chuckle now at the salesman who simply couldn't tell me how to unlock the car with KESSY. He managed to show me how to lock it, but I had to figure out the unlocking later when I got home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts