Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

Just joined the forum having ordered an Edition 4x4 190 with lots of extras. My job is a country vet so I carry lots of equipment and do around 25k miles per year. My current 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe has been the least reliable car I've owned (with failed clutch, gearbox, two breakdowns and numerous electrical problems) and I find the onboard tech (self parking, reverse camera, bluetooth media streaming etc) over simplified and frustrating. I owned an Octavia 4x4 back in 2002 which did over 200k miles with no major faults so I've opted to go Skoda again (albeit with an extended 100k mile warranty). Most of the Kodiaq reviews seem complementary but there are some criticisms of the ride quality. I opted against the Dynamic Chassis Control option because it would have pushed the price over £40k (which just seemed too much for a Skoda!) but I'm wondering whether I'll regret that decision. I tow a caravan so opted for the electric towbar with 360 camera and trailer assist. My dealer estimated delivery in April - Really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Curious, I too have ordered an Edition 190 4x4, my first Skoda. I too have a Santa Fe, my second in a row (first time I have ever done that) and it has been the most reliable car I have ever had, not one problem in 5 1/2 years of ownership except for badly corroded alloy wheels which Hyundai replaced without a quibble two weeks before the Warranty ran out. Perhaps you were unlucky!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Well Done!.
I find I tend to get stuck on one make /model of car and repeat it.
I have had 4 Honda CRVs (6 Hondas in total)
3 Saab Convertibles
2 LR Discoveries
2 Mitsubishi Space Runners (4 Mitsubishis in total)
3 Yetis (4 Skodas in total ) + I Kodiaq on order.
4 Cavaliers. (5 Vauxhalls in total)
3 Citroens 2CV CX & BX
2 MK I Sprites
3 Minis
+ 43 other makes/models! NO I am NOT in the motor trade. Just a car nut! ;)
I am quite sure you will both be delighted with your first foray into Skodaland. (have a look at the Skoda Yeti Forum http://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/forum/
to see how enthusiastic the owners are.) The 'Yeti Grin' mentioned is a real phenomenon which occurs automatically when you first drive a Yet. Two of my friends have just bought their first Yetis and are chuffed to bits with them. So I am sure you will be delighted with your 'Big Bears'!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts