Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I stupidly put a micro SIM into the MINI Sim slot of the Columbus Head Unit in the glove box ..got mixed up with the term MICO and MINI ..
Its well and truly stuck..
I have tried tweezers, needles ..no good dont want to damage the slot. Looking to get the head unit poss shake it or dismatle..

How can I remove the head unit from the glove box I notice there are 2 slots on each of the lower corners of the unit, but there appears to be no
gizmo to stick in the slots ..in order to remove the unit

Anyone got any advise as to how to remove the head unit.. or do I let the fine skoda tech's do it..
Any advise is welcomed

regartds

Spartan300

·
Registered
299 Posts
I know its a really odd idea but if you have a hoover with a flexi pipe, can you put a new bag in the hoover and see if you can suck the micro sd card out?

It might not work - but the micro sd card weighs so little... And I cant see it doing any damage to the unit?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Unfold a paperclip and use it to scoop it out. If the paperclip is too big to fit in the slot then batter it with a hammer to flatten it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It happened to me in the past, but with LTE modem...I manage to get it out using pin, it was not too complicated...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a fabulous response

I have successfully extracted the SIM ....with you excellent suggestions,

Hugh and 9k2/s53co did as you suggested used a flatted paper clip and a needle and with ChrisL idea of suction I used a medicine Syringe 's suction to pull it further out for me to grapple with.

To you all many thanks ....I can visit Skoda when I get my months check on the Skodiaq.. my head held high..

Moral get to know the difference between a MINI and a MICRO SIM

Thanks to you all

Have a great Christmas and New Year
Stay safe..
Spartan300

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ChrisL said:
I know its a really odd idea but if you have a hoover with a flexi pipe, can you put a new bag in the hoover and see if you can suck the micro sd card out?

It might not work - but the micro sd card weighs so little... And I cant see it doing any damage to the unit?
Thanks ChrisL I used your idea of suction using a medical syringe thanks again.. Spartan300

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
9k2/s53co said:
It happened to me in the past, but with LTE modem...I manage to get it out using pin, it was not too complicated...
Thanks 9k2/s53co it worked a treat with Hughes sugges tion it got the SIM out. ..misson accomplished..Spartan300

·
Registered
299 Posts
Glad you have it sorted! Well done :)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
If anyone tries a vacuum cleaner don't bother searching through a new bag. Simply pinch one of your boss' tights and pu it over the end of the hose, pushing it in slightly. Et voila.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have no boss!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
You will have to go and buy some tights then, You could always use them at the weekend ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: !! (as they say!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.