Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Someone smacked into the back of my Kodiaq and since then the two bars on the drivers side rear of the car image you can see in the photo have been red. The garage (not Skoda) are saying this is normal (I guess because the fault can only be read by something proprietary by Skoda and not via ODB11).

Could someone please confirm (or indeed put me straight) that the two curved red bars (above and left of the warning triangle in the image) is not normal behaviour and either indicates a fault or something else. Please note that there is nothing near that part of the car.

Finally I did try to search but quite frankly didn't really know what to search for, so apologies if this is a duplicate of something previously discussed.

Cheers

Lee

Lee
Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
631 Posts
On page 191 of the PDF manual under 'Rear View Camera' it shows the same image (red on the rear right corner of that graphic). Not sure what it's meant to represent, it's not explained.

Hope that helps!

Slope Font Audio equipment Parallel Electronic device

·
Registered
631 Posts
Or actually, it might be the area to press to give full screen Parking Aid view? I think that's what it means at the bottom line of the bit of the manual I posted above. Worth a try? If so, then it's not a fault, it's just a representation of what could be displayed.

Reactions: DJOvengloves

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying. To be 100% clear prior to the accident these lines were white and I don't think they actually changed colour based on objects being close (can't be sure, don't have the car).

As you can see from the actual MMI screen the bars move (like the yellow ones) on the actual parking doo-dah around the image of the car, this is more of a static image I'm guesstimating showing status (it certainly wasn't red prior to accident).

·
Registered
631 Posts
And after a quick check in my car - your answer is that no, it's not a fault, it's meant to be like that.

Same graphic is shown on my car (2 months old, and hasn't been smacked in the back end!). If you touch that graphic then you get the whole screen view of the car with the parking sensors showing the distances from obstructions, titled 'Park Distance Control' but lose the view from the rear camera. Not 100% sure why you'd want this, but that's what it does.

When you're on the 'Park Distance Control' view, it's replaced with a different graphic that shows the rear half of the car with a little red 3-bar motif coming out of the rear that then lets you toggle back to the rear view camera mode:

Vehicle Gadget Motor vehicle Audio equipment Automotive design

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant Gadget

Again, hope that helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Scratch - and to confirm there's nothing close to that particular section of the car?

And after a quick check in my car - your answer is that no, it's not a fault, it's meant to be like that.

Same graphic is shown on my car (2 months old, and hasn't been smacked in the back end!). If you touch that graphic then you get the whole screen view of the car with the parking sensors showing the distances from obstructions, titles 'Park Distance Control' but lose the view from the rear camera. Not 100% sure why you'd want this, but that's what it does.

When you're on the 'Park Distance Control' view, it's replaced with a different graphic that shows the rear half of the car with a little red 3-bar motif coming out of the rear that then lets you toggle back to the rear view camera mode:

View attachment 2908

View attachment 2909

Again, hope that helps!

·
Registered
631 Posts
No, nothing there - you can see on the 'Park Distance Control' screen that all sensors are clear. This is when I have the engine running and select reverse gear.

·
Registered
631 Posts
No problem at all - mostly a friendly and helpful bunch around here.
(Well, I like to think so anyway..!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts