Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Edition, petrol blue, 2.0TSi DSG, pano roof, Canton
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I’ve had my 2018 Kodiaq Edition for about 6 weeks. I bought from a Skoda dealer so it has a Skoda warranty.
I am finding that the contactless door locking or unlocking doesn’t work every time, the door mirror turning downwards and the contactless boot opening all don’t work sometimes. There’s no pattern, it’s just random.
Are these issues common? Are they fixable? Is it worth taking the car in, given there’s a good chance they will all work when tested??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, my 2018 doesn’t have those issues, FWIW. I haven’t seen anyone post about them working inconsistently either. Apart from the door mirror, the others could all be caused by a low fob battery - where sometimes it’s got enough power to work (maybe it’s warm) and sometimes not. Could be worth changing it on the off chance.

I assume that the door mirror issue referred to is the dipping when in reverse? If so, be aware that the adjuster knob has to be turned to the passenger side adjust setting for it to work. If someone uses the demist or manual fold in and doesn’t switch it back, or switches it back to ‘off’ then nothing will happen when you select reverse.

·
Registered
2018 Edition, petrol blue, 2.0TSi DSG, pano roof, Canton
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice re the key fob. I’ve changed the battery so will see how it goes.
The mirror issue is with engaging reverse. It’s not caused by the switch as that remains in the correct position but sometimes the mirror tilts down then back up then down again.
The boot issue is with the feature that means I can open it by waving my foot under the bumper. I’ve got it to work maybe twice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have just traded in my 2018 Edition and lately it did suffer from the same issue with the door mirror as you have described. To be honest as I wasn’t keeping the car I wasn’t too fussed and just put it down to a glitch that I could live with until the new one arrived. I have just taken delivery of a 2022 Sportline which has the virtual pedal like yours and the dealer explained to me that the trick is to kick forwards ( not waggle side to side) and then step back from the car. This has worked (nearly) every time. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts