Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that really annoys me is the interior light , you pull up turn the ignition off and sat in pitch black ! You have to open the door to make the automatic light come on which I turn puts headlights on etc . All I want to be able to do is turn he engine off gather my belongings open the door close it lock it and interior light goes back off . Am I doing something wrong ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here, I am assuming it's because mine is an SE but I hope somebody on here will tell me I'm wrong and point us both in the right connection.

G

·
You could always push the button on the roof to bring the interior lights on till you found all your " belongings " :lol:
I must travel light as I just put my jacket, with my " belongings " on the back seat or in the boot if the back seat is occupied. Then when I get out interior lights come on, pick up jacket, done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I suspect it's more to do with ECO Start & Stop, with the result the vehicle cannot differentiate between when the engine has intentionally been stopped in the dark by the driver so that the interior lights come on prior to opening a door and getting out, and those times when the engine has ordinarily stopped in the dark prior to restarting and moving off again thanks to ECO Start & Stop. Otherwise the interior lights would be seemingly randomly going on and off whilst normally driving in the dark! :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a minor irritation, I drive a variety of cars and vans, several with stop/start, all flip the interior lights on for a short while when you stop & turn the ignition off, the Kodiaq should as well but it doesn't.

·
Registered
31 Posts
arkaig said:
I suspect it's more to do with ECO Start & Stop, with the result the vehicle cannot differentiate between when the engine has intentionally been stopped in the dark by the driver so that the interior lights come on prior to opening a door and getting out, and those times when the engine has ordinarily stopped in the dark prior to restarting and moving off again thanks to ECO Start & Stop. Otherwise the interior lights would be seemingly randomly going on and off whilst normally driving in the dark! :lol:
I currently have Kia Sorento with Stop/start. The interior lights come on if I turn the ignition off or open the door so it can be done. Skoda just haven't!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's my most annoying thing about the car , pull up in the dark raining turn engine off and fumbling around it the dark to gather my belongings where as in every single other car I've owned you turn ignition off and lights come on , even in a Ford Fiesta keyless auto start stop . Someone must be able to code it

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Can just hit the unlock button on the key. Obviously not a real solution, but it's an option.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The key is sometimes what I'm fumbling around to find 😂

·
Registered
117 Posts
Agree that this is annoying and disappointing. I noticed it immediately, literally after turning off the car for the first time (coming home from the dealer with the new car yesterday evening). Of course, the interior lights should come on as soon as one turns of the ignition...
JR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts