Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I can add my name to the list of people with the same complaint today.
5 years old, 40k miles, not even daily use and certainly no misuse.

A solution that doesn't involve £500 for a new door card would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did anyone get anywhere with Skoda on this? I’ve had same issue today, grab handle snapped clean off and looking at plastic looks very flimsy and not fit for purpose. Car has just turned 3 years old and just out of warranty.

I went into dealership to price replacement and of course you can’t buy just broken part, need to buy practically whole inner door card at a cost of £470 (parts only)

To me a three year old car with 40k miles on clock shouldn’t have door handle breaking off during normal use.
had exactly the same problem and was quoted the same price from the dealership for a whole new door panel.

I took the door panel off (2 screws) to have a look Where the plastic rivet had snapped I drilled a small hole and reattached with a nut washer and bolt. Now stronger than it was before and cost me less than £1 for bolt and washer.

Took around 20 minutes.

I am sure your local garage could do this also if you asked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can add my name to the list of people with the same complaint today.
5 years old, 40k miles, not even daily use and certainly no misuse.

A solution that doesn't involve £500 for a new door card would be much appreciated!!
see solution in post - drill a small hole where plastic rivet was and use a screw, washer and bolt to reattach the handle.

Probably stronger than a plastic rivet used in original

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had exactly the same problem. Ridiculous for Skoda to say this is trim considering you need to close the door to be able to drive. By the evidence of this forum it’s a fault and Skoda should repair for free. Unless we are all to drive about with our doors open. Further to this if it’s only trim how come you can’t start the car with the door open.

I love the car but will not get another one thanks to this terrible and obvious problem that the company has no intention of fixing.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts