Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am waiting on my new Kodiaq edition model to be built, still estimated for the 11th May and can't wait. I have been looking through this forum of all the advice, guidance and known issue with the car so i am ready and know what to check when i get the car.

My question is around the Instrument cluster on the Edition model for someone who has picked up a car recently.

The pdf manual i have downloaded, on pages 38 to 40 shows 2 different Instrument cluster displays. One looks like standard dials, the other a digital display. Which version does the vehicle come with? I am aware that he manual probably covers various countries, with different builds, so covers the majority of bases so one manual for all. I never saw an option for a digital display in the build configurator, but doesn't mean it wasn't there or just wasn't an option for the build i wanted.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The digital cluster for the Kodiaq is yet to be added to manufacturing, build week 22 will be the next time that the options change. Last year the significant difference was the 9 inch screen in place of the 8 inch infotainment screen.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stevekhart said:
The digital cluster for the Kodiaq is yet to be added to manufacturing, build week 22 will be the next time that the options change. Last year the significant difference was the 9 inch screen in place of the 8 inch infotainment screen.
Thanks Stevekhart. Looks like I'll have just missed out on that upgrade then. I think my delivery is week 19 so built before then. Not a deal breaker and thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, does anyone have any further information on the virtual cockpit for the Kodiaq?

I understand the Karoq already has it, or it least it will have it when it lands on Australia soon.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Genebaby said:
Hi, does anyone have any further information on the virtual cockpit for the Kodiaq?

I understand the Karoq already has it, or it least it will have it when it lands on Australia soon.
Available from build week 31 I hear. The usual model year change is being moved back for emission purposes I think or something like that

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great, that's good to know the week has changed. Seems to be the last week of July now.

Most of the other Skoda's are supposed to be getting it soon too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just saw that the Karoq has been added to the AU website and it shows we have three models available, which is different to the Kodiaq, with the top level Style showing to have the virtual cockpit. It looks like the two lower models have the same as the Kodiaq now.

I was thinking the virtual cockpit was going to be standard across all vehicles in that range but perhaps not, and it can be optioned, or probably what we will have is it's part of our Tech Pack option. Maybe.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Our local motoring news has reported this morning that the new instrument cluster will be part of MY19 changes and we will have to wait until Q4 for those cars to land here in Australia.

They don't know yet how it will be offered, but at least everyone should be in the same boat to know that it's coming, rather than playing dumb/not knowing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We've set our hearts on the Kodiaq but really want the new virtual cockpit/Digital Dash cluster. We were told today at a dealership that delivery if we ordered today was October, i asked the dealer about the virtual cockpit, they said they didnt think it was going to be on the options list and i also asked about the UK release of the L&K version, they didnt have any idea about this either, apart from that it may bot got released in the UK till next year :-(. From whats been said on this thread could i not spec an edition model with the new instrument cluster now? Especially if the delivery date is going to be October, another 5 months off!!! Does anyone know the dealer options code to add the newer clocks?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Unfortunately you can't really tell them to explicitly add a specific option code that's not available to them or Škoda UK. Best thing to do is to contact head office for more info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spoke to Skoda UK this morning regarding the virtual/digital dashboard and also the L&K release date for the UK. They were very helpful and said that the digital dash on the kodiaq will be an option on the MY19 builds, regarding the L&K version they still didnt have any concrete dates but advised me to call back in the last week in June, he said there's a high possibility that they will have the exact date then and also could have the release date of the L&K.

Dont know if its true but he said the factory stops production for all of July and then they start on the MY19 models in August, he said that a lot of the time the dealers can order MY19 vehicles or at least have exact pricings with estimated delivery dates in that last week in June before they close down for July. Fingers crossed thats all true, roll on last week in June. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I actually did send an email to Skoda Australia, asking about features that they are now showing on the upcoming Karoq, like the Active Info Display, the welcome lights and the way the rear seats work, and also that the Karoq in Australia looks to have alloy pedals and come in red, things which the Kodiaq can only get in Sportline here.

No response as yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just been told that the MY19 changes are pretty much limited to a bit of stitching around the dash and door handle! No mention of Active Info Display. Can't guarantee the accuracy of that info though, that dealership is a little unreliable, shall we say.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Order my kodiaq on September 1st 2018. Waiting for build date and have just asked dealer about this digital instrument panel as it looks much nicer than the one I had during test drive. Does anyone know if this is an option or whether it comes on the car as standard if I get mine in say March 2019?

If not can I update my order to add this on?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is an option, but it's hard to get. I had to have them cancel an order which was locked down for build before they could add it and put a new one in to make sure I got it. You may need to have the dealer order it without and then have them liaise with dealer support/exec office to add it on. Last time I looked on carwow you could add it on there for £450.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Australia the MY19 Skoda Kodiaq will have the digital dash as a $900 standalone option. I have also found out that the current 2.0 litre 132kw TSI engine will be increased to 140kw.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Has anyone got an image of the digital/virtual dash? - just curious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there. My is already in Ljubljana at dealership with digital dash. Reordered it in August as my2019 was clear, price in Slovenia 383,47 €.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts