Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/skoda.
It will be interest to see, as the engines loosen up with mileage (usually about 4-5000 for Skoda) how close we can get to the Skoda 'official' figures.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I test drove a 1.4 150 manual petrol. Mimicked how I would drive normally, keeping to just above speed limits and returned 28 mpg. Salesman was shocked it was so low. I wasn't surprised as I know a Ford dealer who got quite an ear bashing from disgruntled owners after launch of eco boost engines. IMO. If your very light with right foot the petrols may be for you but if you do many miles and you'll save significant money in long run.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zach said:
Should get the fuelly app
I looked at the Fuelly app for my Yeti,
But to be honest I couldn't be ****** to do all the inputting.
I am not that fussed. really.
The consumption (admittedly before the engine has loosened up is significantly worse than my 1.2 DSG Yetis. But then it is a bigger engine and a MUCH bigger brick shaped car.
I would be REALLY interested in the MPG for the first person with a 1.4 DSg who gets past 5000 miles!

·
Registered
35 Posts
190 TDI DSG done 2600 miles.

Today on a 120 mile A road/ motorway run 47.4 MPG average 65-70 MPH but soft on the accelerator.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Drive train as signature.

Managed on trip computer a reading of 45.6mpg over an 82 mile journey of A-roads with plenty of roundabouts. Real mpg 41 by fuel fill method.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go Away Dave :lol:
We are British! and we are leaving the EU (thank G) We will soon be back to rods, poles & perches, groats and firkins ;)
Our system is a complete cock-up.
We buy our petrol in litres but still talk about MPG. We have BHP but torque(sic) about Nms.
Our road signs are in miles but the Biased Broadcasting Corporation insists on talking in Kms which means bugga all to most Brits!.
You want to buy SWMBO a dozen roses? They are now in euro dozens i:e; TEN!
TG we avoided being dragged into the worlds worst currency, the €!
I give up!
Going back into my cave! :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
150 tdi 4x4 dsg
13 miles to work averaging (on computer) 38 with a very light foot and in Eco mode.
Involves a few hills, some town and some country driving. Superb 4x4 140 tdi manual got 42-ish so not too bad considering.

45 miles at weekend to caravan site on mainly A roads and doing around the 60-65 mark got 47-ish.

Never going to be as good a my manual Superb but looking ok so far. So long as I'm not tempted to boot it!!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
13 miles to work averaging (on computer) 38 with a very light foot and in Eco mode.
Well, that makes me feel quite good, getting just over 33 round town having only covered 740 miles!
In my experience, try to keep it below 2000RPM and the consumption will be at it's best. Go over 2000 and watch the gauge drop!

·
Registered
60 Posts
try to keep it below 2000RPM
Not much choice on auto box Colin although I do sometimes knock it into manual and shift it up a gear when it has opted for gear 3 on a long descent for engine braking!
Mine has around 650 on the clock. Not sure how much loosening these new engines need these days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
wotsthecrack said:
190 TDI DSG done 2600 miles.

Today on a 120 mile A road/ motorway run 47.4 MPG average 65-70 MPH but soft on the accelerator.
Return journey in ECO and keeping below 2000 revs 52.7 MPG it must be loosening up!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was going to post mine but got some reason the long term one reset yesterday! Mine has 2800 miles on the clock and seems to be loosening up or I am getting used to the different style of it compared to my previous car an Octavia scout 184 dsg. Yesterday I had two runs 125 each and got 44mpg and 41 mpg so not bad really. It was averaging around 38 I think on long term but it is stop start journeys and motorways etc

·
Registered
617 Posts
I got 42.2 mpg on 53 mile run including morotway. Simply relied on ACC with gentle accelerations.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Did about 300 miles on ~1/3 of a tank of diesel with the limiter pegged at 70mph - although there was a miles long stretch north of Stoke where the traffic was crawling due to congestion and roadworks

·
Registered
617 Posts
daveskis said:
Really, are you guys still on Gallons and Miles........what does that even mean. Kw, Kilos, Litres and Newton Metres, surely!
Yes, UK figures are still in mpg even officially.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts