Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picked up my Kodiaq this weekend and a little confused about what services I'm getting through tethering to my phone vs the infotainment online vs anything else the car has - can anyone shed any light.

The Infrotainment seems to sync to the web/app completely on its own without any phone tethering so presumably its doing that under the cars inbuilt internet connection?

What system is used for getting the latest traffic info into the SatNav so it knows to avoid jams? The Infrotainment suggests it includes traffic info but surely this can be got through syncing to my phone or inbuilt radio services also?

Whats the summary on what each type of connectivity provides?

Cheers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
- As far as my unscientific experience has allowed it seems the inbuilt internet connection provides traffic info to SatNav, (and presumably updates also) as this works without phone being tethered. It also provides basic car status which can be seen remotely on the ŠkodaConnect app. It presumably also sends all sorts of "secret" technical info back to Skoda.
- How long this "free" service providing traffic info & SatNav updates will last I don't know. I suspect 3 years and then we pay - Anyone know?

Phone tethering is required to download SatNav destinations loaded through the app. I haven't tried to use any other internet facilities to be honest, so I'll be interested to hear...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe this is free for 1 year then we are charged for it. No idea how much it costs though. Its deffo working without being tethered as my wife has been driving the car for the last few days and she hasn't connected her phone yet I'm getting updates on how far the car has gone everyday through the app.

To be honest the only thing that I currently find useful through infotainment is live traffic updates for the SatNav. Its a really useful feature and would usually just work in my previous cars by tethering to my phone. If we now have to pay for it via a subscription service that will be annoying.

The alternative is using the CarPlay satnav instead - something i've not tried yet but will give it a go. That should have life traffic updates via apple maps and phones internet connection.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My dealer told me the following:
1. Care Connect (Skoda Connect app, alarm, vehicle location, honk & flash, notifications, etc. - services using internal SIM) = 60 EUR per year
2. Infotainment Service (Maps, Google Earth, Traffic Info, etc. - services using external SIM/smartphone) = 70 EUR / year

1 - 4 of 4 Posts