Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post was originally a response in a technical specific section of the forum, but I think it should be worthy of a wider audience:

I have been absent from the Forum for a long time, being thoroughly fed up with everything Skoda!
I have also received a demand to cough up for the use of Infotainment after one year of car ownership. This is a long standing irritation ever since I got the car. I bought it with the LTE option (£750!!!!) but convinced myself this was to include 3 years access to these services. Refer to my posts in the threads "Options Bluetooth LTE and Charging" - 3/2/17 and "Skoda Connect" - 19/2/17.
Soon after collecting my car in mid April '17 Skoda changed the configurator and the options were redefined. The Dealer insists the configurator did not change and so I never ordered 3 years even though at the time it was impossible to specify the LTE option without the 3 years option which was priced at £0.
I would like to know whether any other Forum Member believe they have a three year deal and should be equally outraged. I note that some include it in their tagline.
£63 for access to traffic updates is more than steep when CoPilot charge £5 for the same service. Downside is, it is on my phone rather than on the screen in front of me.
So you 3 year folk please shout out.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome back! I wondered where you had got to.
Can't help with your problem I'm afraid as it does not affect me.
hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have just renewed mine, some of the information is really very useful!

·
Registered
31 Posts
£63 does seem like a lot if you are not really using the information. This is something that I have been wondering about. I am waiting for my Kodiaq (ordered 3 weeks ago) and although the model comes with SatNav included, I wonder whether I will use it or not. I currently use google maps, and it seems to be really good on the traffic updates. Does anyone have a view on how the Skoda system traffic updates compares to google maps at all?
Many thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts