Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I had a test drive on Saturday, (sorry left phone at home, so no photos). I questioned the Sales Rep about the fact that the Uk spec cars as far I can see have no SIM Card slot.

I asked about the online services and how they connect. He said it's a module they fit into the car as a option, to which I enquired, 'so the SOS button etc. won't work??????' Lots of erring later, and looking on the spec sheet on his PC.

The answer was, it's all built in. I said, excellent, so it's free?????.......NO, only for the first year, he was sketchy on the charge after that, basically because it over £400 to extend it for another 2 years.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We registered ours the day after getting it. The SOS button I believe has its own data connection and off the top of my head the licence lasts for 20 or so years (as listed in our settings)

The other in car info stuff however only works when it's connected to our phone hotspot, but in the manual it says you can buy a dongle which houses the SIM card. And yes it's only one year licence on all of this (including map updates I think)

The sat nav and traffic update etc work without the online services/wifi connection from what we have found. But yes agree, it's all a bit sketchy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts