Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s the 7 seater size but only 5 seats in so the boot is huge. 2ltr 170bhp , dsg auto. Every gadget you can name anyone want to tell about theirs if it’s better I’d like to know!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well I'm glad your car is perfect for you!

My 22 plate Kodiaq is definitely better than my 68 plate one, but only in relatively small ways. I loved my old car, but the new one is around 10-15% more efficient on fuel despite having an additional 10ps and the engine is also smoother (as diesels go). The way the doors shut and particularly the boot opening and closing are just a little more 'premium' than my old car, despite being essentially the same design. The digital dash is a definite improvement. Kids also love the heated rear seats which I didn't have previously. Overall it's perfect for me and I plan to keep it at least 4 years, possibly longer. Next car will probably be electric though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scratch 113 Re digital dash definitely an up grade and heated rear seats. Did u get all the toys leather, driver assist stuff, internet hub?……umbrellas ok .I have to say if you got all my stuff as well u got me. They are excellent cars and just look good. The money I have been offered for mine. Back in Feb 25k from a Seat dealer. No sale though.😂

·
Registered
90 Posts
What a weird post? Everyone is different so yes I'd say my car is better spec'd than anyone elses - that's because I chose exactly what I wanted.

You don't state your model but I'd take alcantra sports seats over your leather armchairs any day. And having had radar cruise in my old Skoda, it was never an option I was going to specify on this one - I hate it with a passion. The trouble with radar cruise is you can't turn it off and use ordinary cruise ( which I prefer ) - the system is either on or off. I also hate Skoda's lane assist as it doesn't track the lane rather goes from side to side, so in my book that was always going to be a waste of money to me. I have wireless android auto where yours doesn't so that's another plus. And Canton on MY21 onwards was much improved over the rather basic software in previous cars so that's another advantage.

I spec'd my car exactly how I wanted it so in my book it's better. And I'm sure other people would say the same about their car.

As I say - what a weird posting

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Especially on the ‘radar cruse control Genuinely, I was considering Adaptive Cruise Control’ so maybe not a good option on The Kodiaq. There are some pretty interesting options out their and it’s your money like you say. However, consider the residual value of car so that you get the investment back. I paid for no additional extras on my edition so I’m happy with the trade in I got.

I was just interested if there was another fully loaded Skoda out there without paying for extra ‘extras’

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the ’style’ model - which I don’t think they ever sold in the UK, but seems common elsewhere. Don’t know why. That comes with most of the options as standard. I bought from stock rather than order and wait.

I think radar cruise is awesome. Where I live using ordinary cruise is basically impossible because there aren’t a lot of empty roads to cruise on. Instead, being able to set a limit and, below that, follow the car in front means I actually use the feature whereas old style cruise sat basically unused. You can set the following distance, so I guess if you want something like old cruise you could set it to almost nothing?

I like the lane keep assist too. Just provides gentle guidance within the lane. Way better than the Toyota equivalent (which I test drove at the same time) which just beeped at you if you got too close, or took a corner too tight.

I like the Skoda, and won’t replace it until I go electric, which will be when some more ordinary large electric cars are available - I hate touch screen controls (for major functions) they are a distraction from driving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the ’style’ model - which I don’t think they ever sold in the UK, but seems common elsewhere. Don’t know why. That comes with most of the options as standard. I bought from stock rather than order and wait.

I think radar cruise is awesome. Where I live using ordinary cruise is basically impossible because there aren’t a lot of empty roads to cruise on. Instead, being able to set a limit and, below that, follow the car in front means I actually use the feature whereas old style cruise sat basically unused. You can set the following distance, so I guess if you want something like old cruise you could set it to almost nothing?

I like the lane keep assist too. Just provides gentle guidance within the lane. Way better than the Toyota equivalent (which I test drove at the same time) which just beeped at you if you got too close, or took a corner too tight.

I like the Skoda, and won’t replace it until I go electric, which will be when some more ordinary large electric cars are available - I hate touch screen controls (for major functions) they are a distraction from driving.
Thanks AJ Harvey. I never heard of the style and the pointers on Cruise Control have been informative. I had always Audi before this Skoda and have been pleasantly surprised how good a car it’s been.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've had the ACC on both my Kodiaqs and now wouldn't want to go back to 'standard' cruise. On the odd occasion I drive my wife's 2015 C Class estate and use the cruise on that, it always catches me out that it would quite happily get too close to a slower car or lorry you're following rather than match its speed - the car is just trying to maintain a steady speed regardless of traffic ahead and will only then perform an emergency stop if it detects an impending collision - rather disconcerting to say the least!.

The other feature I really like on my Kodiaq is the hill hold - again in my wife's car, the system just isn't as intuitive. In the Merc, if you come to a complete stop you then have to give the brake pedal a really hard push to get it to engage the hold (it will tell you this on the dash), but it doesn't engage just because you've come to a stop as it does in the Kodiaq. However I always forget to give this extra hard push on the brake when stopped, take my foot off the brake and then get surprised when the car rolls forward down hill. Catches me out every time!

The thing I particularly like about the ACC is that it's easier to use on an A road where you end up just following traffic that is going at just below the speed limit. With standard cruise it's not really possible to use it at all as the traffic will inevitably slightly vary its speed ahead of you - with ACC you just match that speed and don't have to do anything other than steer. It will even bring you right down to a stop if the car in front stops, say for traffic lights or a queue for a roundabout etc. Standard cruise just won't do that. Takes a little faith the first few times you allow it to take you all the way to stopped, but provided you're paying attention (and having systems that assist with driving is no excuse for not being fully concentrated on the road ahead), then it's actually a really relaxing way to drive.

I don't have the Traffic Jam Assist (TJA), but I've found that it's entirely possible to use the ACC in stop-start traffic. It will bring you to a complete stop if the car in front stops, the only issue is that it waits just a little too long when the car in front moves again and then it tries to accelerate a bit too hard. You can get round this by again paying attention - a slight 'tap' on the accelerator when the car ahead starts moving will release the auto hold brake and that avoids the harsh acceleration and it just matches the speed of the car ahead, still engaged and therefore ready to stop again when the traffic ahead stops. Much easier when you're in a traffic jam on a motorway (far too frequent in the UK sadly!). Can't really see what it is that TJA adds to this when it seems to work fine just as the ACC provided you understand the limitations of the system.

Just my 2p-worth.
:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had the ACC on both my Kodiaqs and now wouldn't want to go back to 'standard' cruise. On the odd occasion I drive my wife's 2015 C Class estate and use the cruise on that, it always catches me out that it would quite happily get too close to a slower car or lorry you're following rather than match its speed - the car is just trying to maintain a steady speed regardless of traffic ahead and will only then perform an emergency stop if it detects an impending collision - rather disconcerting to say the least!.

The other feature I really like on my Kodiaq is the hill hold - again in my wife's car, the system just isn't as intuitive. In the Merc, if you come to a complete stop you then have to give the brake pedal a really hard push to get it to engage the hold (it will tell you this on the dash), but it doesn't engage just because you've come to a stop as it does in the Kodiaq. However I always forget to give this extra hard push on the brake when stopped, take my foot off the brake and then get surprised when the car rolls forward down hill. Catches me out every time!

The thing I particularly like about the ACC is that it's easier to use on an A road where you end up just following traffic that is going at just below the speed limit. With standard cruise it's not really possible to use it at all as the traffic will inevitably slightly vary its speed ahead of you - with ACC you just match that speed and don't have to do anything other than steer. It will even bring you right down to a stop if the car in front stops, say for traffic lights or a queue for a roundabout etc. Standard cruise just won't do that. Takes a little faith the first few times you allow it to take you all the way to stopped, but provided you're paying attention (and having systems that assist with driving is no excuse for not being fully concentrated on the road ahead), then it's actually a really relaxing way to drive.

I don't have the Traffic Jam Assist (TJA), but I've found that it's entirely possible to use the ACC in stop-start traffic. It will bring you to a complete stop if the car in front stops, the only issue is that it waits just a little too long when the car in front moves again and then it tries to accelerate a bit too hard. You can get round this by again paying attention - a slight 'tap' on the accelerator when the car ahead starts moving will release the auto hold brake and that avoids the harsh acceleration and it just matches the speed of the car ahead, still engaged and therefore ready to stop again when the traffic ahead stops. Much easier when you're in a traffic jam on a motorway (far too frequent in the UK sadly!). Can't really see what it is that TJA adds to this when it seems to work fine just as the ACC provided you understand the limitations of the system.

Just my 2p-worth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Scratch113. I have never experienced ACC just CC and speed limiter/max. Your writing gives a fantastically clear of the benefits and pit falls to ACC and has helped me to decide to get this on the new car. it Sounds like your 22 plate was in stock? You have a beautiful car there.

Just my 2p-worth.

·
Registered
631 Posts
No, not from stock, I chose the specific options and placed an order back at the beginning of Oct '21 and took delivery on 29 Apr 22.

It's a Sportline 2.0TDI 4x4 DSG 200 in Meteor Grey (an error, it was meant to be Race Blue, but I didn't spot the colour on the order form was wrong, but hey, it's not the end of the world, it's the same as my previous car!).
It has the following options:
Virtual Cockpit
Electrically adjustable front seats with memory
Dynamic Chassis Control
Panoramic sunroof
Electrically folding towbar
Electrically operated tailgate with Virtual pedal
Adaptive Cruise Control
Winter Pack - heated windscreen, heated steering wheel, tri-zone aircon and heated rear seats
Family Pack - rear window blinds, door protectors, door bin
Rear seat backrest release
USB-C beside rear view mirror
Third key

Since I took delivery, I've added a few minor things:
  • Rubber floor mats for the front (I already had them for the middle row and kept them from my old car)
  • Skoda valve caps (genuine ones bought off eBay for a fraction of the price Skoda would charge)
  • A false-floor over the top of the space-saver spare wheel (this was deleted at the face lift and Skoda wanted £143+VAT for a new one, so again I resorted to eBay and got a used one for £65)
  • Kodiaq sill plates for the rear door sills (again, I'm sure these were fitted on my old car, but they're not there on face lift models)
I was considering some 4D number plates, but having looked, they're just too expensive when I have perfectly decent number plates fitted already! Can't fully decide whether I like them or not...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, not from stock, I chose the specific options and placed an order back at the beginning of Oct '21 and took delivery on 29 Apr 22.

It's a Sportline 2.0TDI 4x4 DSG 200 in Meteor Grey (an error, it was meant to be Race Blue, but I didn't spot the colour on the order form was wrong, but hey, it's not the end of the world, it's the same as my previous car!).
It has the following options:
Virtual Cockpit
Electrically adjustable front seats with memory
Dynamic Chassis Control
Panoramic sunroof
Electrically folding towbar
Electrically operated tailgate with Virtual pedal
Adaptive Cruise Control
Winter Pack - heated windscreen, heated steering wheel, tri-zone aircon and heated rear seats
Family Pack - rear window blinds, door protectors, door bin
Rear seat backrest release
USB-C beside rear view mirror
Third key

Since I took delivery, I've added a few minor things:
  • Rubber floor mats for the front (I already had them for the middle row and kept them from my old car)
  • Skoda valve caps (genuine ones bought off eBay for a fraction of the price Skoda would charge)
  • A false-floor over the top of the space-saver spare wheel (this was deleted at the face lift and Skoda wanted £143+VAT for a new one, so again I resorted to eBay and got a used one for £65)
  • Kodiaq sill plates for the rear door sills (again, I'm sure these were fitted on my old car, but they're not there on face lift models)
I was considering some 4D number plates, but having looked, they're just too expensive when I have perfectly decent number plates fitted already! Can't fully decide whether I like them or not...
Scratch113. This sounds awesome. I think you have the version that I would also love. I have a lot of residual money left in my Edition so I hope to capitalise on that. I’m off to see if I can get one. Thanks very much for assistance.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,045 Posts
My Kodiaq RS is a 1-of-1 being the highest spec in my country. Also, isn't the SE the 'poverty spec' being the base model available in the UK?

Only things my Kodiaq doesn't have are the heated windsceen, heated washer jets and the family pack.

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
631 Posts
My Kodiaq RS is a 1-of-1 being the highest spec in my country. Also, isn't the SE the 'poverty spec' being the base model available in the UK?

Only things my Kodiaq doesn't have are the heated windsceen, heated washer jets and the family pack.

View attachment 2905
Now that's a nice motor!

I seriously considered the RS (branded vRS in the UK) when I was ordering back in October, but couldn't quite justify the extra outlay and reduced economy over the 2.0 TDI 200. I'd have had to seriously compromise on the options I'd have been able to pick and the one criteria I wouldn't compromise on was that I wouldn't accept a 'downgrade' from things I had on my old car and therefore wouldn't have on my new one. Both DCC and the Pano roof for instance are seriously expensive options, but I had them on my old car and wouldn't have been happy to go without them on my new one.

If I'd managed to stretch my budget that far then I'd more likely have gone for an Enyaq 80X with all the bells and whistles...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

View attachment 2905

View attachment 2905
hey Zach, as Somebody that only ever owned Audi A4‘s before this 2018 Special Edition with everything I agree that yours looks a great car. I do object that you single out the SE as the ‘'poverty spec'. Belittling peeps who have less money to spend on options is not great. After all Skoda is a budget brand after all. The equivalent AUDI Q7 with all the toys is 75k (£) and every other MarK brand will also say we are buying ‘a poverty brand’ but we know that these Skodas are the just as good if not better than others by experience.
in fact Prestige is the only downside to a Skoda. However, I take the lack of prestige and will happily take the money someone has just paid for my car! Wow my car has cost me £1250 per year since I drove it out the show room and I’m very happy 😊

·
Registered
631 Posts
hey Zach, as Somebody that only ever owned Audi A4‘s before this 2018 Special Edition with everything I agree that yours looks a great car. I do object that you single out the SE as the ‘'poverty spec'. Belittling peeps who have less money to spend on options is not great. After all Skoda is a budget brand after all. The equivalent AUDI Q7 with all the toys is 75k (£) and every other MarK brand will also say we are buying ‘a poverty brand’ but we know that these Skodas are the just as good if not better than others by experience.
in fact Prestige is the only downside to a Skoda. However, I take the lack of prestige and will happily take the money someone has just paid for my car! Wow my car has cost me £1250 per year since I drove it out the show room and I’m very happy 😊
It’s the 7 seater size but only 5 seats in so the boot is huge. 2ltr 170bhp , dsg auto. Every gadget you can name anyone want to tell about theirs if it’s better I’d like to know!
Well you did ask...
:censored:

Reactions: Zach
1 - 18 of 18 Posts