Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, my first post here ☺

Does anybody happen to know how to gain access to the rear of the front grills...I have something I want to fit/install there.

I've just spent the entire weekend trying but can only get stuff partially removed...couldn't even get the headlights out!!

Tried coming up from the bottom but got stuck after the first filler panel.

Thought maybe I had to remove the entire front bumper but got stuck at the headlights!!

Thanks in advance for any assistsnce

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I too would be interested to know how it's done. I have searched Youtube, but no tips there.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
And break it?????

·
Registered
68 Posts
Brute force and ignorance lol

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Thanks for those really helpful :roll: (not :lol:) responses. At €91.99 at Superskoda (let alone a U.K. Skoda dealer) I think NOT!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok then...looks like more experimenting 😓

If I can work it out I'll do a guide and post it here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well another weekend gone and still no progress.

I can get the headlights loose but can't get them out...I think that needs to be done in order to remove the front bumper as a complete assembly.

Haven't given up yet so any (useful) suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks...great find!!! :D

These photos are the best lead I have had so far.

I will study them closely and see if I can determine a new battle plan.

If anyone wants to check out the photos and add their thoughts I would appreciate the additional input/suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
I'm interested if someone solved the problem with the grill removal?
About to do the same thing as "auskodiaq", mount a led bar behind the lower grill.
Appreciate if someone have some input.

·
Registered
216 Posts
auskodiaq said:
Thanks...great find!!! :D

These photos are the best lead I have had so far.

I will study them closely and see if I can determine a new battle plan.

If anyone wants to check out the photos and add their thoughts I would appreciate the additional input/suggestions.
Did you manage too do it ?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bumper removal isn't that bad apart from 1 of 2 corner screws which is a nightmare to get to .
You need the bumper off or at least pulled away from body to get the headlamp out .
The rest is many screws in undertray and arch liners and top of main grill /radiator

·
Registered
216 Posts
There's a flap that un screws from undertray then behind this are the main screws are behind it at the very front and wasn't visible at first

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
The last pic is behind the bumper where the lower grills are and I couldn't figure out if they pull out forwards or backwards ? I'm guessing must be an easy way for towing ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts