Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
En route to Isle of Harris....stopped to let the dog stretch his legs...five people plus black Labrador plus roofbox and food supplies...easy 馃憤馃憤

Attachments

Registered
What dog/luggage guard are you using?

Registered
I use a Mountblanc head rest mounted dog guard in my Kodiaq which fits perfectly and is fully adjustable to fit. Used it previously in the Yeti I had too. I definitely keeps my two greyhounds firmly in the back of the car.

Attachments

Registered
MyKodi said:
I use a Mountblanc head rest mounted dog guard in my Kodiaq which fits perfectly and is fully adjustable to fit. Used it previously in the Yeti I had too. I definitely keeps my two greyhounds firmly in the back of the car.
Any chance of a picture of it fitted in the Kodiaq?

Registered
Pheebs said:
MyKodi said:
Any chance of a picture of it fitted in the Kodiaq?
Picture of it mounted in my Kodiaq. It can be mounted higher and is fully adjustable for width too if you want it closer to the roofline and sides. Ignore the small cable ties as I thought it was causing a rattle in the Yeti, but it turned out to be the pano roof instead.

Attachments

Registered
Thank You!!!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pheebs said:
What dog/luggage guard are you using?
A Halfords dog guard. Came out top in autoexpress dog guard test. Only 拢40...would have preferred the Skoda one but it's only available for the five seater.
Halfords one easy to fit but can be a bit fiddly.

Premium Member
Have a super holiday. Glad to see you have enough loo rolls! :lol:
Luckily my Lurch is too old to jump seats so I don't have the bother of a dog guard.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Luckily my Lurch is too old to jump seats so I don't have the bother of a dog guard.
You can never have too many loo rolls :D :D

Premium Member
The older you get the truer that is! :lol:

Registered
Peeliewally said:
En route to Isle of Harris....stopped to let the dog stretch his legs...five people plus black Labrador plus roofbox and food supplies...easy 馃憤馃憤
Another white one. Beautiful. Interested to hear how it did on a longer trip. Planning on driving ours to Rome this summer (!)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dalglir said:
Peeliewally said:
Another white one. Beautiful. Interested to hear how it did on a longer trip. Planning on driving ours to Rome this summer (!)
No problems whatsoever. Filled car up in Stornoway (拢59) and got home with half a tank left after driving 250 miles. Took six hours for the journey from Ullapool to Greenock with a few stops for the kids & dog. Tried Eco mode and it is very dull and dangerous if you try overtaking with a full load on board. Drove majority of holiday in Normal mode which was absolutely fine as most of the roads on Harris are single track roller coaster type bends and dips :D
Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

Attachments

Registered
Peeliewally said:
No problems whatsoever. Filled car up in Stornoway (拢59) and got home with half a tank left after driving 250 miles. Took six hours for the journey from Ullapool to Greenock with a few stops for the kids & dog. Tried Eco mode and it is very dull and dangerous if you try overtaking with a full load on board. Drove majority of holiday in Normal mode which was absolutely fine as most of the roads on Harris are single track roller coaster type bends and dips :D
Kodiaq MPG.png
A couple of good points there: those roads are not 'cruising' roads - far from it! - so it's interesting to see how economical the trip was in a fully laden car in normal mode

I had been using ECO for my school runs but you make a good point about the car being ready for overtaking while fully loaded. We are absolutely intending to go 'off piste' so I can absolutely see the value of having a little extra power on demand.

We're aiming to go over the St Gottardo Pass in the Alps on the way south so it'll be interesting to see how well the car's turning arc struggles with the switchbacks on the way down :)

Registered
Colin Lambert said:
Poor old dog might meet your bonnet one day if your car stops unexpectedly.

Premium Member
No he won't, he'll meet the back of the back seats, nicely padded. 馃榿
Talking of dog guards. I had one of those shown at the top of this thread and I'm sorry to say that as far as stopping dogs meeting bonnets. They are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Fine for stopping the dog popping over the seat to spread mud all over the upholstery, but a greyhound or Lurcher sized dog in a frontal collision at 30mph weighs about 50 stone. No aftermarket dog guard will stop that. Dog guards strong enough to stop dog flying forwards simply do not exist.
I have had both Yeti & Mitsubishi factory guards and although built with very strong frames and grilles, the weakness is in the mounting systems. Similar in both the above mentioned cars.
A useful dog guard would need to be like an anti roll cage with very strong mesh welded on it. Then you'd probably end up with dog 'chips' :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts