Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been following the forum for a while and making the occasional post.
Ordered my Kodiaq on 6th April but was not wanting delivery until Sept. Contacted my dealer today and have now been told that my order is week 19 and is being built and should be here in about a month. Just have to decide whether to let them store it or take delivery earlier.
Happy days!!!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have been informed by my dealer that my Kodiaq should be here shortly and may well get it late June after my holiday or early July. Have to make arrangements for my Kodiaq to be taken to a detailers for a Gtechnic treatment. My experience has now been dulled after I broke a bone in my hand and as a result I cannot ride my motorcycle, nor will I be in a position to drive my Kodiaq for quite a while.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oh no! As in currently writing this from A&E after my son broke his arm (fall out of tree) you have my full sympathies! At least the car is nearly here and you'll have something to motivate your recovery...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoping that will be sooner rather than later #neilysump. Have to go back to hospital Tuesday and I am hoping that they wire my hand (have been told that there is a good chance they will need to) in the next few days as we go to Austria on Saturday. Hope your sons break is not too bad and he is soon on the mend. They heal a lot quicker than us old ones.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cheers. Yeah all fine in surgery as I type. Boys will be boys etc

The downside was when my car broke down on way home from hospital at 11pm. Clutch gone I think. And it only had to survive 3 more weeks until The Bear arrives. Ow! Ah well that'll eat into any discount I got!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have arranged to have my Kodiaq handed over in first week of July. Have been to my dealer today and have been offered £500 to take it early as they can then have another the following week. It would be registered to the dealer as a demonstrator (but not be used as one) and then be mine as a 2nd owner. Undecided as to whether to accept.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I did something similar on previous car - Ford offered it to me as pre-reg: i had to wait 3 months to have it (even though it was there in their stock) but saved a good few thousand over list, so made sense. Never had any issue being 2nd owner. Only time it came up actually was when P/X for kodiaq this week, but it was tick-box, and no more said.

500pounds is a nice amount, and you get it early :) could always push for me (but that's just me - don't get what you don't ask for etc), maybe get them to throw in mats+full tank as well if you haven't already got that coming...

(btw - 2 days in, about 130miles done, love it)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Personally, I would wait.
2 owners may or may not negatively affect the value come p-ex time, but for the sake of 3 weeks I would hold off, especially for "only" £500 which in the scheme of the cars depreciation and running costs is not a lot.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Savage said:
Personally, I would wait.
2 owners may or may not negatively affect the value come p-ex time, but for the sake of 3 weeks I would hold off, especially for "only" £500 which in the scheme of the cars depreciation and running costs is not a lot.
I have already decided not to take them up on this offer which is not as good as they try to make out. They offered £500 but when you consider that the vehicle then has two owners it may (or may not) affect it's future value negatively and further to that I would actually be paying myself, given that the fact that I have already paid a first registration fee and the first years taxation at £500. If they were to pre register the vehicle I would then be a second owner paying a one year tax and not the first years which is now extra under current vehicle excise licence taxation, so as I said early I am actually paying myself much of the £500 and effectively would only see about £100 of the offer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts