Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just placed my order for a 2L 150 TDI DSG 5 seat in Quartz Grey with a number of optional extras factory order so expect to take delivery sometime in December.

I am looking forward to reading about the Kodiaq and the forum users experiences here - hope there are no horror stories!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hello Fazzer! Welcome to the forum!

What spec level is it? Is it an Edition?

I hope you are looking forwards to yours as much as I'm looking forwards to mine!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ChrisL - Thanks!

Since posting now added car details in my signature. Thought long and hard about this decision and very nearly went for the new Nissan X Trail but when I saw the 9 inch screen the 6 inch X Trail fell by the wayside - even though I have to say I was offered a very tempting 6.5k reduction by Nissan dealer for the top spec.

I think the family will be happier with the Kodiaq and the test drives were impressive I have to say - we were allowed to go where we wanted and we gave it a real work out especially the drive modes on the model.

So yes we are super excited and expect ours early December.

How long do you have to wait?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Its being built this week. I'm told collection should be around the end of the month/early next month!

I can't wait!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why did you go for the 190 over the 150 - you going to be towing or just wanted the extra umph!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Being honest I'm a long term diesel driver - I'm very much happier with the torque of the diesel engine. Recent controversy made me briefly think about a petrol machine, however I drove a 190 for an hour and the decision was made.

Originally I was going to try the 150 TDi too but that kind of went out of the window despite the fact that the person who usually drove the 190 said he actually preferred driving the 150 as he felt it was a little smoother pulling away from standing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have driven both 150 and 190 versions and selecting the various drive modes is very similar in all cars I found. Though of course you only get the Snow mode with 4x4 and the Comfort mode if you elect to add the DCC option.

I have always tended to go for the highest possible output from an engine but was convinced by a friend in the industry and a very honest dealer that so long as I wasn't towing the 150 would be a good choice for our use of the vehicle and have enough responsiveness and not be sluggish. Decided against the 4x4 only on a cost basis to keep the car affordable and didn't really think there would be many occasions when I would need that.

Hope your car is with you soon and look forward to hearing from you when you have some miles in it under your belt!

·
Registered
299 Posts

I'm sure the 150 will be quite adequate for your needs!

Whilst you still have time - i.e. there is a point at which an order can still be amended - did you give serious consideration to ACC? I'm not normally a cruise control fan myself but you have the DSG and the front and rear parking sensors meaning that if you had ACC you'd also have TJA? (I'm pretty sure I'm right there)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would concur with ChrisL

The adaptive cruise control (and traffic jam assist) is one my most used options and at £300 was money well spent (in my humble opinion) and as stated you have all the other criteria for that functionality.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hope you ordered from RRG Rochdale - best Skoda dealer around the North West by a country mile

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feedback ChrisL and BearNecessity! I do have a few days I believe when I can amend the options - will consider this seriously - ACC and TJA are seperate options and seperate costs yes or no?

Also Chrisl You went for the heated front window - can I ask you what you know about that - how does that work? Rear window has embedded wires - how do they do this in front window - will potential windscreen replacements due to stone hitting be expensive in future

Andyvee - yes I spoke to several dealers and RRG Rochdale were the cheapest, most professional and helpful by far - but the others were not far off!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Its a thin film of gold I believe!

Not only does it heat it in the winter but they say it reflects heat in the summer!

I don't know about replacement windscreens - that's always been down to my insurance (less of course the excess - £75 iirc)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Amended my order to Magnetic Brown to compliment the Beige Leather inside - super combination - saw one with this colour combination at Lookers Stockport.

That display car also had the new running boards fitted and they elevate the look of car again - so going to have them fitted after delivery since they are now available to buy at the dealers and not yet available when specifying the car apparently.

·
Registered
945 Posts
ChrisL said:
Its a thin film of gold I believe!

Not only does it heat it in the winter but they say it reflects heat in the summer!

I don't know about replacement windscreens - that's always been down to my insurance (less of course the excess - £75 iirc)
Always be careful on replacement screens as they will always use the cheapest option and non-Skoda parts which will affect your warranty or contract hire (if purchased via that method). I had it with my Octavia and Skoda would not guarantee the onboard camera system or seals if it was non-Skoda. The glass replacement company did not want anything to do with the camera systems and the insurers didn't want to pay for recalibration of the camera.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts