Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Been lurking for a while, didn't want to start posting until I'd ordered as I thought it might jinx it! Ordered last week so thought I'd say hello.

Had a shortlist of 3 cars to test drive, 2 year old Q5, new CX-5 or the Skodiaq. Problem with the others was the boot space (and the Mazda doesn't have front Isofix). When I saw the level of kit on the bear it was an easy choice. The 13.3% discount was a bit helpful too!

My dealer has said delivery this year is probably not going to happen, but if it was around the 9 week mark that would be an early Christmas present.

Coming off the back of 2 Audis and a bit of retro-fitting & tinkering (the Vag-com cable has paid for itself now) you may see me chipping in with some overall VAG comments.

Just trying to be patient now!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Welcome to the forum Daddy2Bears.

Fellow WhiteDove customer?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ChrisL said:
Welcome to the forum Daddy2Bears.

Fellow WhiteDove customer?
Indeed, although Bristol Skoda came close via Car Wow, I didn't use the broker quote against them as such, just gave them an suggested percentage for a given spec, thy came back beating all the broker quotes I had.

A good few years ago I got an A3 from Cardiff Audi where they were £500 dearer, but they are within walking distance so thought it was worth the extra.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've found White Dove to be very good. Emily was our sales person.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris,
It's good to hear positives about White Dove. What's their communication like?

I know I only ordered last week but was hoping they'd have confirmed that the order had been processed.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think with us they left it 4 weeks before calling us (having told us that it would be the case).

They then called us at least weekly, and more once the Bear was on the move.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, that sounds good. My order was completed via email, I was waiting for a price but my boys were getting restless & I didn't want them doing something I might have to pay for, so got the paperwork emailed over and payment taken over the phone.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome Daddy2Bears
enjoy the forum. Possibly not so much the wait! It will, however, be worth it!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, picked up Suzy bear on Friday. Loving it. Not too happy that the paint work is swirled at pick up but I'm looking at a nano-ceramic coating.

Anyway, bits I was surprised with: start stop starting when the car in front pulls off 🙂 rear wiper going when auto wipers are constant 🙄 I know there's a setting but will have to wait until I'm next out in the rain.

Can't say I've noticed any throttle lag, just like any other auto box I've driven but will keep an eye on it.

Haven't got too many photos before I fitted the twin's seats but will post when I get chance.

I also went for a rezaw-plast boot liner from the roofbox Co. which seems pretty good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts