Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New member here after perusing the forum for a little while and finding some useful information - many thanks :)
I am waiting on a new Kodiaq SE-L 7 Seat 150 TDI 4x4 DSG, ordered this past weekend and hope to receive by end of the month (it is a stock vehicle already in the dealer network).

This is my first Skoda and also first new car purchase! I'm quite excited to say the least…

Could anyone provide some useful recommendations of what to check / look out for when collecting the vehicle? I guess general things to check and maybe anything specific to Skoda / Kodiaq?

In my mind I have the following to check:

All documentation incl owners manual, infotainment manual and service book
Spare wheel (I added this) and specifically the correct wheel nut.
Inspect all bodywork for any scuffs, iron deposits, misalignment of panels (iron deposits)
Inspect interior for any parts not lined up correctly, loose etc.
Double check paperwork is correct and for the vehicle being purchased, registration, VIN etc.

Should I take the car out for a test drive to check all is ok before accepting delivery?

Any help / guidance will be much appreciated,
Thanks
BenS999

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome Ben,
You've obviously been reading my recent post, as you have quoted it almost verbatim ;)
I would not bother with a test drive before you accept delivery. You have some time to refuse it if anything is wrong.
Also you may think something that you are not immediately happy with is in fact not a fault. Can't think of anything off hand. But as it is your first Skoda and more importantly your first new car, You may not be used to 'stop/start' & electric handbrakes etc.
I think you have listed the most important things to check. Also make sure any options you have chosen are actually on the car. Some cars, for instance, have come with the wrong wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Colin,

Yes it must have been your post I read! I had read something on here but could not find it again, so put down in my post what I had remembered. Good to know my memory is ok then :)
Thanks for the advice. Cant wait to collect the new car. I must have watched and read every review so far on the Kodiaq.
My wife thinks I have gone mad as I've spent the last few nights reading through a downloaded copy of the owners manual. I'm almost ready to quote that verbatim too :D

Ben

·
Registered
141 Posts
BenS999 said:
Hi Colin,

Yes it must have been your post I read! I had read something on here but could not find it again, so put down in my post what I had remembered. Good to know my memory is ok then :)
Thanks for the advice. Cant wait to collect the new car. I must have watched and read every review so far on the Kodiaq.
My wife thinks I have gone mad as I've spent the last few nights reading through a downloaded copy of the owners manual. I'm almost ready to quote that verbatim too :D

Ben
You're not the only one lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts