3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my dealer this morning.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skoda use calendar weeks.
So week 9 is 1st week in March presumably. Due, if they play fair, 1st or 2nd week in April.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well done. Cant wait to get my order date through. You may well be the first on the road

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just got my build week. Week 11. Delivery 3 weeks later.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer accepted my offer on 7th December..
But there was a complete cock up on Skoda's's ordering system & after trying to get the system to accept the order in my name, he had to order it in his name as a demo. Order was then in Skoda system. It took as week or two for him to be able to actually put it in my name.
So I suppose my order was accepted by Skoda on or about the 10th December.
I suggest you give your dealer a gentle nudge!
It will probably take 2to3 weeks to get a build date. Which, by now, will probably be about week 16 or 17.
U.K. builds start on Wed 18th January. Kvasiny factory turn out 320 Kodiaqs a day, but that is for ALL markets, not just U.K.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ordered 1.4TSI 150 DSG 2wd EDITION with lots of options. Dealer (Transcity) offered canton and couple of cheapie. Deposit taken and financial agreed. Free to change options till 6 weeks before prod starts. Changed from lava blue to jungle green...

Options:
Pano roof
Canton
Rear airbags
Windscreen defrost
Virtual boot pedal
Interior lighting package
Travel assist
Children package
Drive mode personalisation
Heated steering wheel with gearbox paddleshift

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations! Good colour! ;)
Gosh that must have cost a packet!!
Have you got build /delivery dates yet?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Fair enough. I'd better give them a couple of weeks before I hear anything then. No options for me. The hope is that would speed up production, but the tactic didn't work when I bought the Octavia 3 years ago, there was a biblical 6 month wait lottery for new cars! So my expectations are not too high.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When the Yeti was first announced the wait from order to delivery went out to A YEAR!
If that happens with the Kodiaq I will risk losing my deposit and buy a Subaru Forester, which is my fallback option.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had an email from my dealer last week saying he had a build date for my order for week 10 (which he said was week beginning 9th Feb) with a delivery 3-4 weeks later. My order was placed on 22nd Dec. Week 10 would be March rather than Feb unless Skoda have some unusual way of working it out! Should be just in time for "17" registration anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My build is quoted as week 9 with delivery week 12 or 13 which means beginning of April, which is interesting as if registered on or after 1st April will attract the new VED rates. BUT, I have been charged £200 for first reg fee+years road tax.
Old VED would have been £145 but new rate is £200 for first year then £140 every year thereafter +reg fee......
Bargain!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts