Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

I have a mk2 Superb 4x4 with DSG. It's a great car but my lease is up and am looking at getting a Kodiaq.

I drive 5 miles each way to work every day on country lanes. As a family (4 of us) we do approx. 1000 miles every year driving around UK motorways / A roads when on holiday. We don't tow anything but car is always fully loaded on these occasions!

I cover about 10k-12k every year.

I've not had issues with DPF but there are some weeks where I do not get to give my current car a blast to clear the filter.

Would the 1.4tsi 150bhp have enough power to cope with the family and luggage on board, and what all this weight might do mpg?! Or would one of the diesels be a better option, considering my driving needs? I don't really want the 2.0tsi as the mpg is low.

I would buy on PCP over 3 or 4 years.

Any advice gratefully received!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've got 1.4 TSI and have driven with 5 full size adults with 5 cricket kits in the boot. It has enough power to even overtake easily.

I have calculated on another thread; for 10000 miles per year, it'll take 6 years to recoup the £1815 difference between 1.4 TSI 150 PS Petrol and 2.0 TDI 150PS Diesel.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I agree with Big boss. A superb (sorry 😂) engine. Have a look at the other thread where a similar question was asked. Sorry can't find it now, as on mobile phone.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cluke said:
Dear All

I have a mk2 Superb 4x4 with DSG. It's a great car but my lease is up and am looking at getting a Kodiaq.

I drive 5 miles each way to work every day on country lanes. As a family (4 of us) we do approx. 1000 miles every year driving around UK motorways / A roads when on holiday. We don't tow anything but car is always fully loaded on these occasions!

I cover about 10k-12k every year.

I've not had issues with DPF but there are some weeks where I do not get to give my current car a blast to clear the filter.

Would the 1.4tsi 150bhp have enough power to cope with the family and luggage on board, and what all this weight might do mpg?! Or would one of the diesels be a better option, considering my driving needs? I don't really want the 2.0tsi as the mpg is low.

I would buy on PCP over 3 or 4 years.

Any advice gratefully received!
Surely you mean 10000 miles in uk motorways?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally took the plunge and picked up my 1.4TSi 4x4 DSG last week - getting used to petrol again (much more refined!) but perhaps mourning the higher mpg figures of my Superb diesel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts