Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New here, having just ordered a Kodiaq yesterday. Never had an SUV before, currently driving a 2019 Octavia estate 2.0 TDI SE Technology, one of the last of the Mk3's
Have ordered a 2.0 TDI 150 SE Drive 5 Seat in energy blue, poverty spec as they say.
I'm leasing, so was restricted to certain models and trying to keep costs down.
Toss up between 1.5 petrol and 2.0 diesel, diesel won as i have that engine now in the octavia and didn't fancy the loss of torque on top of the heavier weight of the car
Was a tough call on SE drive vs SEL, SE drive won as it was cheaper and also the only model with 5 seats. I'll never use the 3rd row of seats, so the bigger boot, better 0-60 and better fuel economy of the 5 seat won out over the leather seats of the SEL
The colour, again, me being tight, didn't fancy an extra £600 over the length of the lease to go for grey, so sticking with the blue which i have now in the octavia. A slight concern that the kodiaq being so much bigger that the blue may be a bit much, but we'll see.
My only other concern is how different will it feel going from a mk3 octy to a 2022/3 kodiaq, how different are the interiors and 'feel' of the car, will i after a couple of weeks feel like i'm not in a new car?

Anyway, been told lead time is 26 weeks, not sure how realistic that is, anyone know? Guess i just need to forget all about it for 6 months or so

·
Registered
90 Posts
If like me going from a mk3 Octavia estate to a Kodiaq, you'll drive off the forecourt thinking "frig'n hell" as you enter traffic, then after 15mins or so behind the wheel you'll wonder what the problem was. Until you try parking it for the first time that is. Does the SE Drive come with a reversing camera? If not then you may struggle judging parking distances.I still haven't managed to aquire that skill. Thank goodness for front and rear parking sensors. 😀

·
Registered
631 Posts
Congratulations, hope you don't have to wait too long for a lease car - given that you haven't added any options, you'd like to think it's pretty straight forward for them to build, but there are some here who have suffered very long waits for lease orders to be delivered.

As to whether you'll think it still feels like a new car after a short time, I'd say Skoda have definitely upped their game on the build quality. I'm now on my second Kodiaq and it's noticeable the improvement going from a 32.3k mile, 3.5 year old (68-plate) car to a brand new 22 plate one. It's some of the un-quantifiable things - the boot opening and closing is just a bit better, as are the doors and where my old car had the odd interior rattle here and there (nothing major, but enough to upset my OCD!), my new car seems really well screwed together. I've also gone from the 190ps 2.0 TDi to the new 200ps 2.0 TDi, both with DSG and the new engine is noticeably quieter and smoother and despite the extra 10ps, it's around 10-15% better on the fuel economy, which is no bad thing given the price of diesel now!

Good luck, personally I really like the Energy Blue on the Kodiaq, so think you'll be fine there.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I was told 26 weeks for my replacement, it should be here now. I was then told the build date was 21st October but has since been amended to 22nd August. I don’t believe a word of it until it’s in the U.K.

I have ordered another Sportline so my delays may not affect your specification build dates.

I have had trouble with the Sportline I have and nearly went elsewhere but it was hard to find something of the same spect for the same monthly cost. In fact the new Sportline is cheaper per month than the old one, it’s got slightly cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts