Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jest, it is damn cold 12C. Yes down under in Oz. Ordered a Bear, a hamburger with the lot. One version down here at the moment a 2.0-litre Turbo 132kw/320Nm 4x4 only Auto only 7 Speed DSG, options are choice of "Techno Pack", "Luxury Pack" or "Launch Pack". Too many options in those to list. Delivery I hope 23rd June.
Skoda are going for a big release here with all cars sold out first batch.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
So all the option packs you've ordered? I ordered last Saturday and have an expected delivery of October... NZ'er here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zach we are doing very well her in Oz. Skoda have filled the Kodiaq with everything. It is virtually a Superb and with a standard 5 year warranty. Ordered mine 2nd May delivery 23rd June....maybe.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
I believe our cars are better specced. Your Kodiaqs are roughly $48600, however our Kodiaq 132TSIs start at $54290 ($55990 w/ 5y warranty) and they come with both Tech & Luxury packs standard apart from the rear heated seats which are a $750 option. Basically the same price so we're getting good deals both sides of the pond :)

But what's up with metallic paint being a $700 option? Here we get a wider range of colours all as NCO.

·
Registered
85 Posts
daveskis said:
Zach we are doing very well her in Oz. Skoda have filled the Kodiaq with everything. It is virtually a Superb and with a standard 5 year warranty. Ordered mine 2nd May delivery 23rd June....maybe.
Here in Finland we have only 2 year warranty. Ordered my 2.0 Tsi awd 23nd March and delivery maybe in thw end of October.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Zach
Where is Waikato. Ok some facts for you and anyone else that thinks their country has good or should I say excellent kit in their Bear. ......I may be wrong, however I have read a lot of reviews.
Standard Vehicle Driveway Price $46,290 petrol turbo 2.0 132Kw/320Nm 5 Year Wrty.
19" Triglav Wheels, 7 seats, Alcantara Leather, LED interior/exterior lighting, chrome plated window frames, privacy glass, roof rails, 2 tablet holders, 3 spoke steering wheel flat bottom, LED front and rear footwell lighting, front assist with City Emergency Brake, 4 X 4, Full LED headlamps with AFS, rear view camera with front and rear sensors, 9 airbags, electric child safety locks, Columbus satellight nav 8" screen, Bluetooth etc, smart link, apple CarPlay, passenger protect assist, fatigue detection tyre pressure monitor, seat belt reminder, fog lights with cornering function, multi collision brake, adapt cruise, Kessy, dual zone climate control, elect brake auto hold, height adjust seats auto tailgate height adjust, light assist with rain sensing wipers, sun blinds rear windows, door edge protect, foldable side mirrors, net system umbrellas..........amazing value. Me I'm adding this.
For $7400 you get everything else.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zach just reading your post again. The rear heated seats are included in ours in Luxury Pack also includes front ventilated. You are correct Metallic Paint is $700 and $1900 for sunroof( too hot in Oz for sunroof IMO)

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
daveskis said:
Hey Zach
Where is Waikato. Ok some facts for you and anyone else that thinks their country has good or should I say excellent kit in their Bear. ......I may be wrong, however I have read a lot of reviews.
Standard Vehicle Driveway Price $46,290 petrol turbo 2.0 132Kw/320Nm 5 Year Wrty.
19" Triglav Wheels, 7 seats, Alcantara Leather, LED interior/exterior lighting, chrome plated window frames, privacy glass, roof rails, 2 tablet holders, 3 spoke steering wheel flat bottom, LED front and rear footwell lighting, front assist with City Emergency Brake, 4 X 4, Full LED headlamps with AFS, rear view camera with front and rear sensors, 9 airbags, electric child safety locks, Columbus satellight nav 8" screen, Bluetooth etc, smart link, apple CarPlay, passenger protect assist, fatigue detection tyre pressure monitor, seat belt reminder, fog lights with cornering function, multi collision brake, adapt cruise, Kessy, dual zone climate control, elect brake auto hold, height adjust seats auto tailgate height adjust, light assist with rain sensing wipers, sun blinds rear windows, door edge protect, foldable side mirrors, net system umbrellas..........amazing value. Me I'm adding this.
For $7400 you get everything else.
Waikato is the middle area of the North Island below Auckland. Our 132TSI comes with literally everything you can option on a Kodiaq (ventilated powered full leather seats, Columbus 9.2" infotainment w/ canton, every driver aid etc) sans the following as paid options:

Panoramic Sunroof
Rough Road Package
Heated Windscreen
Headlight washers
Sleep Package
Family Package
Rear Heated Seats
Trailer Assist + Electric tow bar
5 year warranty / 150000km (3y/100000 standard)
3rd key + driver personilation

Quoting Caradvice:

"The Tech Pack ($2500) adds Adaptive Chassis Control with selectable driving modes, a 10-speaker Canton sound system, automatic parking assist, manoeuvre braking assist, a customisable vehicle set-up key, and an additional off-road driving mode - which Skoda describes as "a driving assistant for difficult conditions"."

We get all this standard bar driver personalisation + 3rd key

"Meanwhile, the Luxury Pack ($4900) brings features like electrically-adjustable front seats with memory, lane assist, blind spot assist, perforated leather upholstery in black or beige, ventilated front seats, surround parking camera system, three-zone climate control, traffic jam assist, emergency assist, rear cross traffic alert, and auto-dimming side mirrors with memory."

Our 132TSI models are a drive away cost of NZ$54290. Correct me if I'm wrong however AU$46290+7400+700 is AU$54390. Converted that's about NZ$58500. Spec for spec NZ has better value than the equivelant Aussie Kodiaq, plus we get 5 seaters too. We also get the options of Rough Road Package, rear heated seats etc. which don't even seem to be available in australia. So our cars are also incredibly specced plus we get more options. A bit annoyed that the pano Sunroof is $500 cheaper over the pond!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah we get rear heated seats as well. No heated windscreen(not needed)But interestingly you get the new 9.2" Columbus. I think the rough road is included in the Adaptive Chassis Control. driver personalisation is included, stuff like keys, memory elect seats, memory mirrors, memory driving modes etc.
Zach you may have me on the price though. Only 117 coming in to Oz in the first batch anyway for the whole of Australia. So I guess they can charge what they like. But it does seem incredible value compared to any other vehicle of similar ilk.
BTW I have been to Auckland and Queenstown mostly skiing of course. Nice country we do love NZers over here.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Yup our cars are essentially same spec as your optioned cars apart from a few options which probably make the price the same. Quite jealous of the Queenstown skiing... never go there, mainly go to Turoa at Mt. Ruapehu

NZ are getting almost 400 for 2017, don't know about batch numbers though.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Yeah saw a few others from motoring au and driven

1 - 14 of 14 Posts