Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum.
I have already ordered the Kodiaq 1.4 TSI 125 Ambition (Slovenian version), 5-seater, Cappuccino beige color and Amundsen system.
(It is the best car on market with this price tag, design and comes with lots of standard equipment. In my opinion it is much better than the more pricey VW Tiguan. :) )
I ordered it in April and will be ready in November (so there is a 7 month wait :( )
But I'm not entirely sure how the 125 HP motor behaves in everyday life. Does anyone already have one with this type of engine?
Nik

·
Registered
724 Posts
Pozdravljen aka Hi!

I've noticed that there is a huge difference between TSI 125 HP and TSI 150 HP 4x4 - 6000 eur!!!! so many customers with limited budget will rather focus on weaker engine.

I know two acquaintances owning Octavia 1.2 TSI (105 HP) and one acquaintance (family of four) owning Superb 1.2 TSI (105 HP). All of them tells me that their cars work suprisingly fine. I don't know what that really means because I use stronger engines (I am moving from 150 HP Grand Scenic to 190 HP Kodiaq), but if you are not a dynamic driver then it should be OK.

I mean 125 HP in Kodiaq is much more than 105 HP in Superb, right? 0-100 km/h in 10.5 seconds is almost as good as my Grand Scenic goes and a little better than my wife's Captur. So no complaints here :)

But I would take Ambition over Active because of the 8" display with ability to connect via Android Auto and Apple Carplay so you can use smartphone's navigation.

I've found those reviews:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/kodiaq/first-drives/2017-skoda-kodiaq-14-tsi-125-se-review
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/lifestyle/cars/car-reviews/review-skoda-kodiaq-1-4-tsi/

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey,

There is a big difference, in Slovenia, between Active and Ambition. so going with Ambition is the best choice. The difference between Style and Ambition is fairly small, the main being the full LED headlights, Auto Light Assist and ACC up to 160km/h.

If you are doing alot of miles on the highway the diesel is a better choice, for city driving and short trips petrol is alot better.

The Tiguan is actualy smaller, with mostly same engines, same platform, same transmission and even built in THE SAME FACTORY :p Different pricetag though.

Škoda has ranked one of the top cars for reliability for a few years now and in my personal opinion it has alot better interior than Tiguan, Atteca and even new Mercs (which is funny because i used to love old 2003 series Merc E-class interior but now BMW is miles ahead of MB), even comparable to that of an Audi.

I am sure you made a great choice and your car will serve you well in the years/miles to come. The wait is a bitch though. Same for me, have to wait till November, was told 8 month waitting time and, as Trump would have put it, SAD! :p

·
Registered
724 Posts
In Slovenia, you can order a sleeping pack now. I've asked my dealer if I can add it to my car. He told me that I could do that but the delivery would probably be delayed. So changing the engine would probably have the same impact.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Prozdravljen!

I agree, but it's because Skoda Kodiaq is really the best bang the buck in the compact SUV segment at the moment. Even the best Kodiaq wheels are named after the highest mountain in Slovenia, Triglav. :D ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts