Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hello from Reading. Planning to order a Kodiaq Edition 1.4 TSI over this weekend after just a week's searching and contemplation. With a new arrival and a jumpy dog (family of 3 + a labrador), we needed a larger car and whilst considering a Nissan Qashqai, a chance encounter hooked me up to the Kodiaq. A test drive and hours of online research later, I have finally stuck a deal with the local dealer. Following is the configuration. Feel free to share your thoughts.

1.4TSI 150 Edition 5 Seat DSG (non 4x4)
In Petrol Blue metallic with Beige interior (Is Beige a wrong choice considering a new born and a labrador??)

With: Area view camera pack
Children's pack
Crew protection assist with rear side airbags
Heated windscreen and washer jets
Travel assist with sign recognition
Virtual pedal for boot operation
2 year service plan

Looking forward to lots of collaboration with all you Skodiaq fans :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Around the birth of my now nine year old, I had a Volvo S40 which, due to ad hoc agreement with the dealership to get it sooner, had beige upholstery.

I've had two other cars since then and every one, including the Volvo, turned into utter middens. They've been copiously thrown up in (travel sickness), had babies changed in them, covered in mud, sand, half eaten sweeties, shoemarks, scuffs, scrapes, dings not forgetting transporting fence panels, timber, building waste etc. honestly, I've had to have each of them professionally valeted before handing back to Activa at the end of each 3 year lease because they need it and boy was the Volvo the hardest one to get clean.

After the beige upholstered Volvo, I vowed never to get another car with light upholstery :lol: this is my third black upholstered car since the Volvo.

That said: there are others on the forums with young families and pets and beige upholstery and I'm sure they're having a blast and doing just fine!

The blue is an incredible colour: you won't regret it and the beige looks fabulous in combination. I think you'll love the area view, the kid pack and the boot virtual peddle most of all. I miss the front sensors and a rear camera From the last car and the airplane style chair tables were great in the last car though the middle row, middle seat table does just fine in this one. I've found the range of the remote boot opening to be a bit hit and miss with the key which is awkward anyway when your arms are full so the virtual peddle will be a boon.

You're going to love it ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Oh! And welcome btw ;)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Good choice. Specially not buying the Cashcow. Nissan have lost the plot recently. I have 2 friends that have regretted buying them due to reliability problems.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome!

It's obviously down to personal choice......but as the father of twins (now grown up and driving their own cars) I would never go for beige upholstery. It also shows other marks e.g. Make-up etc. Dark leather for me all the way (and the fact that I've also gone for pano roof lightens the car to offset the darker interior!).

But ultimately you need to be happy with the choice!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dalglir said:
Oh! And welcome btw ;)
Great feedback, thanks daglir. Not sure about beige yet but will see what we decide. I did consider the airplane style tables but there are better options on Amazon which fit our requirement hence, chose against it. Hope you are enjoying your Kodiaq!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Welcome to the forum.
Good choice. Specially not buying the Cashcow. Nissan have lost the plot recently. I have 2 friends that have regretted buying them due to reliability problems.
Thanks Colin. I like the term "Cashcow" :). I test drove the 2017 facelift version this Sunday and did not like the 1.2 L petrol's performance, added to the restricted space which was a bit upsetting. The salesperson was a bit pushy too which spoiled the whole experience!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sprower said:
Welcome!

It's obviously down to personal choice......
True words, Sprower. Very seriously considering the black interiors now. Wondering how the Petrol blue looks with the black leather. Have seen one with beige on this site but not sure about black.

Has anyone else noticed that the 5-seater Edition is no longer available with Canton and spare wheel? I tried to get one of each but was told they are not available on the Edition trim. Have seen a lot of users on this site with this combination though!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Roadster said:
Has anyone else noticed that the 5-seater Edition is no longer available with Canton and spare wheel? I tried to get one of each but was told they are not available on the Edition trim. Have seen a lot of users on this site with this combination though!
I think the Edition trim level has only just become available with the option of 5 seats all models already delivered will have 7.

·
Registered
724 Posts
With any luck I will get lava/petrol blue with black alcantara/leather before end of this month. I will post some pics.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plodd said:
I think the Edition trim level has only just become available with the option of 5 seats all models already delivered will have 7.
That makes sense, Plodd. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
romanv said:
With any luck I will get lava/petrol blue with black alcantara/leather before end of this month. I will post some pics.
Thanks romanv, that would be very helpful.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome to the forum...
I also have three kids and a labrador. I previously owned an Audi A4 Avant and that was very cramped inside compared to the Kodiaq. I looked at the VW Tiguan, Seat Ateca, Audi Q5 and the Kodiaq offered more for the money, including the most important thing.....plenty of space. We've just returned from holiday and managed to get everything into the Kodiaq (including dog) albeit with the help of a roofbox but there were no moans from the kids like "can you move your seat forward a bit Dad"......"Dad...he's annoying me"....."Get off me"......."mooooooove over"

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Roadster,
I assume you are getting leather in the Edition?
I have had Ghobi leather (as close to the cream leather in the K) in all My Yetis. Any marks wipe off with ease. Admittedly my brats (!) are now 45 & 46! so not much kiddy muck. But have always owned dogs and whatever they dropped was easily cleaned up on the leather , although they did of course travel in the boot most of the time.
With petrol blue (My last Yeti) the beige/cream is IMHO the only way to go . Get some good leather cream and I don't think it will concern you. I have beige Alcantara in the SE L as leather was not an option when I ordered last December. First Alcantara seats I have had and I must admit they are remarkably easy to clean and it's tough stuff!
As a personal choice I would always go for the pan roof. It just makes driving so much more pleasurable open or closed.
We will look forward to seeing it when it arrives.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's a couple of cheeky pics of the black Skodiaq interior - rebuilding a bathroom (amongst other things) after a building nightmare so 2.4m bits of carcassing timber fit very comfortably and black (for me) looks great.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm also in Reading. However, I ordered via autoebid - got a decent 7.5% discount off list price for a well-specd Edition - I'd be suprised if the Reading dealer would be able to match that (it was considerably better than any discount from Carwow too). My car is currently forecast for BW37 (mid September), so I'm hoping to get it by the end of October. A long wait...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome Roadster :)

Peeliewally said:
Welcome to the forum...
I also have three kids and a labrador. . We've just returned from holiday and managed to get everything into the Kodiaq (including dog) albeit with the help of a roofbox but there were no moans from the kids like "can you move your seat forward a bit Dad"......"Dad...he's annoying me"....."Get off me"......."mooooooove over"
Wow ... I wonder if my K can pull that off ? .... come to think of it I had a trial run a while back letting them use the tablets on my hotspot and they have never been so quiet ! I cant see it lasting the 5+ hour trip to Scotland though, their batteries will conk out :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome :)

In relation to thoughts regarding beige and black, then black (fabric - can't say for leather as I never owned a car with leather interior) gets dull over time and turns into a shade of greyish. My current Octavia has back interior and I have missed the beige interior of my former Citroen C4 GP, so when ordering the Kodiaq it was a no-brainer for me - beige was opted in :)
My kids were small (newborn + 2 year old) when we had the C4GP, and with a little help from various seat-protector-thingies it didnt get a spot.

Well just my 2 cents anyhoo...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome

I have owned numerous cars (BMW & Škoda) with leather, from tan, silver, black, brown and my current beige.

Whilst I was initially concerned about buying beige I shouldn't have been, it is very well tempered and a wipe over with Dr. Leather wipes every couple of months is all it needs, the problem I find with black and brown leather is you do not see the dirt until the leather starts to go shiny (the shine is the dirt).

Don't be tempted to add a conditioner to the leather though as it does more harm than good on modern leather (the dirt sticks to it).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Colin Lambert said:
As a personal choice I would always go for the pan roof. It just makes driving so much more pleasurable open or closed.
Thanks Colin. A pan roof is a great idea to lighten up the interiors but honestly, had major issues with a previous SLK 230 (R 170) hard convertible top and have since stayed away from anything mechanical on the roof. Hence not going for it this time around as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts