Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi our Kodiaq has now done 5,300 miles. Great car, disappointing fuel economy but reading other posts on consumption with interest!

Ben

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Ben, welcome.

In my opinion the fuel economy is reasonable for a full-size SUV. As you say there are a few discussions on the subject and everyone has an opinion!

I also have it in black (with black Triglavs) and I'm currently enjoying the muddy off-road look on it.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome Ben,
What do you call disappointing fuel consumption?
I am finding that the cold weather affects the consumption adversely. In the summer I was getting high 30s on a long, not too exuberant, run, best was 44.
Now on a long run about 35 and 30 round town. I don't consider that too bad.
Frankly I don't give a stuff.
It is such a lovely car to drive and let's face it it is a big brick! I don't think those figures are at all bad.
Anybody else find the consumption suffering in this cold weather?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Anybody else find the consumption suffering in this cold weather?
I didn't have mine during the warmer weather, but with the stone cold engine and Mrs Swindiaq running the air and seats as hot as possible, it is bound to have an effect! Also we're all still running them in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there

My Kodiaq has now done 5,300 miles. I bought it to do school runs and the odd run down the A12 and back. So fuel consumption around town at 37mpg I think is v good and it is the perfect vehicle. I only noticed that during the drive across France (sat at 80mph all the way on toll roads) the consumption was down to 30mpg. Admittedly, I have come from the diesel world where on those types of runs the TDI engine is ultra efficient, but I was a bit surprised to see the consumption figure so low on the 1.4 petrol.

That said, today, I filled up with Shell V Power and did a 160 mile round trip on North Circular and then A12. I kept below 70mph the whole time and the consumption was 45mpg - can't complain at that!

So its my right foot that is to blame!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
That is Brilliant Ben,
I thought I had a 'light foot'. Perhaps it is infrequently that I get the engine up to operating temp round town and it is quite hilly here.
I am coming up to 5K miles
The best I have ever got out of it is 45 on a slow (held up by lorries) 40 mile A road drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts