Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car was ordered late September and the dealer informs me it will arrive mid-January. I'm going to be interested to see what features can be enabled such as DRL switching. Hopefully some here will be able to help.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Pat!

Congratulations on your order! I hope you are delighted with you car when it arrives.

What is DRL switching please?

Chris.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome Pat from Kent.
Five month wait is a bit O.T.T. Hopefully it is because Skoda are rushed off their feet with Kodiaq orders.
I ordered mine on the 22nd December and I picked it up on the 6th April. Although it was in the dealers before that, Skoda would not allow them to be released before the launch date. It was built in week 9 but got held up at docks in Germany for 3 weeks waiting for a slot on a ship.

DRL switching is dead easy, it can be done in the car set up on the ICE unit. though it will come with them ON (or should do) I am not sure why they give the option to turn them off. It seems daft to most of us. You need to be as visible as possible on our crowded roads.
Try not to chew your fingernails down to the quick while you wait! :lol:
Chris.
DRL= Daytime Running Lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colin,

Thanks for your welcome. I sometimes find myself off-road in near-dusk conditions observing wildlife, and whilst I readily accept that cancelling DRL on public roads is daft and maybe illegal, it is very practical for my purposes as it will reduce disturbance.

Pat

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer informs me that the car is now in the country, so hopefully not too much longer to wait.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Pat,

Welcome.
Normally it would be a couple of weeks to be moved around the country, registered and prepped etc. Though with Xmas in the way it probably will be early Jan.

Enjoy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, but I hope not. I'm trying to get the £1,000 test-drive allowance. The T&Cs for this require it to at least be registered before the end of the year. To further complicate matters the DVLA have yet to send the retention certificate for my private plate. I expect this to go down to the wire.....

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Pat_D said:
Colin,

Thanks for your welcome. I sometimes find myself off-road in near-dusk conditions observing wildlife, and whilst I readily accept that cancelling DRL on public roads is daft and maybe illegal, it is very practical for my purposes as it will reduce disturbance.

Pat
Fairy 'snuff! :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everything now in place - will collect on 27th of this month. 3 months since I drove one, hope it's as good as I remember....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Excellent. If you have mud flaps, check the adjacent trim on the front wing. They have a tendency to come away which is not how it should be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took delivery as anticipated, all in good order. Pics to follow when weather is a bit less awful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts