Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been following the forum for quite a while. Ordered pre launch weekend in Denmark - now just waiting.. Delivery expected week 29 but car is being built this week (w23).. Have asked dealer about delays due to engine or extras but the Danish importer has no info on such delays. (Pano roof and 2.0 TsI are rumored to be the culprits). Hoping for delivery by week 29 (or maybe sooner) - 6 weeks seems a long time to get the car from Kvasiny to Denmark....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also danish. Ordered same weekend as you did. our Buildweek is not until mid September, at because of factory promblems with there supplies of electric frontseat, it will probably not get of the assembly line before november. So we won't get it until december... Good service from the dealer. He have already bought our old car cash, and gave us a brand new Octavia (we are paying a very fairly monthly fee) to drive it until the Kodiaq is ready.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've memory driver's seat (electric) in mine and so far no delay reported.. seems strange if it is only electric wiring in passenger seat delaying your order.. I know that dealers in DK had very few K's to sell in 2017 - my dealer in Gladsaxe had only 4 - so maybe the delay is more of a quota issue than a parts issue?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ouch! That's a really long time to wait. I still haven't got a build week but dealer said that I could expect it to be build in July with a September delivery but reading your post (@CasperDK) has gotten me a little nervous about if that plan is valid. @ThePainfulWait: when were you promised delivery?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not really a promise but week 29 is scheduled delivery week.. Any delay from week 29 and all I can do is cancel my order according to the contract. I was told on Monday that my car was in production this week - I suppose 48 hrs to build it and then maybe a week or two before ready to leave Kvasiny since everything has to be checked once or twice.. Still think w29 is a long time away from w23 so I might be surprised by a premature delivery...

My dealer told me they had 4 to sell this year - one in May, and 3 in the autumn.. Mine is the May-one but was delay because Skoda had a quota on 2.0 TSI engines.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll cross my fingers for a premature delivery on your behalf :)
As for myself, I'm checking my mailbox like a maniac hoping that my dealer wrote me a confirmed build week... It's been 4 weeks already and I'm getting seriously impatient! Someone once said that "the joy of expection is the greatest joy" (freely translated) - that's just rubbish. I want my Kodiaq now :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer told me at the introduction weekend, that he had 4 cars he could sell this year, All 4 had slots at the factory in september. But because we had chosen the style pack with til electric seats, they had already gotten af mail from Skoda Denmark that their would be a delay of a couple of month because of the faktory had probems with their supplies for these seats. 8 months is a long time to wait on a new car. I went in to the dealer again last weekend to see if he had any news. He told me that they still haven't gotten build weeks on any of the 4 cars the already had put to order.............

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CasperDK - what dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hjørring of all places 😎

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got a BW added to my order yesterday - week 43 :shock: First indication from dealer was a delivery in September but now I can expect the production in late October...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ouch! Did you read the article quoted in the other thread about BW delays? Apparently they lack rear seats because subcontractor can't deliver at high enough pace.. Many rumors around but this one from a Czech source with apparently inside people being quoted... Maybe you can ask for early delivery if you skip seats 3-5 🙄... Mine had BW last week - I haven't asked the dealer if has already been built since I imagine nothing in the world can be done to speed up delivery anyway... Just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup I saw the post and read the article. I could imagine being in short supply of a whole range of things, but seats??? That seams a bit weird but then again, a car consists of a lot of individual parts so why not seats...
And yeah looking towards a Christmas delivery (worst case scenario I guess) hurts a bit but that's the cost of being a first mover of sorts. Let's hope that you get your car soon so you can post some pics for me to be envious about ;-)

Enjoy your weekend!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kthuno said:
ThePainfulWait said:
... Mine had BW last week....
Any news?
I e-mailed my dealer on Monday to ask how things are moving along.. My car was "still in production" which leads me to suspect that the car is built but standing in a parking lot near the factory waiting for the rear seats to be delivered and fitted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They Said they had 4 to sell with delivery 2017. I heard another customer ask about leasing one and they told him they would be able to get K's for lease from spring 2018.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Latest update from dealer: Car is built and ready for transport to DK.. Expected delivery in week 29 as originally promised. Nothing bad to say about the dealer - they always answer when I ask about the status and they are very helpful. Now just hoping it takes less than 3 weeks to get the car from Czech Republic to DK..

·
Registered
114 Posts
ThePainfulWait said:
Latest update from dealer: Car is built and ready for transport to DK.. Expected delivery in week 29 as originally promised. Nothing bad to say about the dealer - they always answer when I ask about the status and they are very helpful. Now just hoping it takes less than 3 weeks to get the car from Czech Republic to DK..
Awesome! Look forward to hearing your comments when you go pick it up :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well - no delivery yet even though this was the week. Have got confirmed delivery date though and it isn't all that far from now. I'm not gonna say too much because I'm afraid I might jinx it but if nothing goes wrong it will be mine before August...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts