Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my very first Skoda, last month, due for delivery in the middle of September. I have been looking for a good quality affordable 7 seat SUV for ages, so we are all very excited. Originally I ordered a 150ps 1.4tsi, but having test drove the 4x4 manual cancelled that and ordered the 2.0 tsi instead, hope I have done the right thing! On paper and from the various YouTube reviews I could see the 1.4 looked fine, but I am moving from a 2.0d BMW X3 and while the 1.4 was more than quick enough around town, from 60-80ish it really struggled compared to my X3, about 50% longer. Again on paper the 2.0tsi is quicker than the x3, so I am hoping that I can get a similar performance from it.

Would be interested in any advice on spec as I understand this can be modified up to the build date - as long as I don't change the engine again!

·
Registered
617 Posts
What spec have you ordered? SE, SE L or Edition?

·
Registered
42 Posts
You did the right thing. 2.0 TSI is a marvelous engine.

You can't realy compare Škoda engines and cars to BMW and seeing that BMW was your previous car, you would have struggled with the 1.4. Don't get me wrong it's a very nifty engine but if you, like me, are used to more powerful cars, going down is something bothersome.

I used to have the first series BMW X5 3.0d, until that transmission malfunction recall bullshit and remember getting from that into a frenchy (Citroen, Renault and Pegaut <- don't care for the spelling) for a trip or two and i couldn't stand it. For me even the 2.0 engines seem like the entry engines for a car this size and i only went for the 2.0 TDI for the fuel economy because i'm doing about 15k miles a year, mostly highway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Brown bear, to be honest I was surprised how similar the kodiaq felt to to the x3, I test drove the 2.0tdi dsg and once it was in sport mode the handeling was very similar, the seating position is almost identical and the car is physically just a few mm different. The quality up front seems the same, the noise levels similar - if someone had put a BMW badge on and called it the new x3 no one would have thought otherwise.

Big boss as to the current spec it is an sel, added the extra airbags, heated windscreen and reversing camera (standard on my wife's fiesta she sees them as a necessary feature), then front parking senses, leather, heated rear seats and sunroof to bring it to the same spec as our x3. Once we changed to the 4x4 2.0tsi from the 2wd 1.4 I added the adjustable suspension. Originally going for white, but having chosen the lighter leather changed the outside to petrol blue. See you went for the paddles, any particular reason?

My normal commute is 3000 miles pa, so the rest is weekend trips and stuff for work - about 13k pa max, so choice of petrol is clear, let alone any future concerns about diesel residual values.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If no Skoda dealer in Basingstoke (that surprises me) where did you get it from? Winchester Mo Co?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Colin,

Skoda dealer (incl ford, Peugeot, seat) went bust last year, a new ford and Peugeot dealer came in, but nobody for the skoda franchise. Went to marshals in reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts