Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I guess I should say hi.

I'm researching the Kodiaq as it's my favourite to become our new family vehicle.

I like the styling, the tech, the safety features, the TD engine, the size....just about everything.

My only concern is the towbar, as I can't fathom a car that advertises 2000kg towing comes with a factory towbar that only does 80kg in downforce, and does not have a 50mm hitch option, so I've written about that a bit on the forum and if I can sort that I need to get a good deal.

Thanks,

Vic

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
G'Day Vic Welcome to the forum.
80Kg downforce is pretty standard across the world for CAR towbars.
If you need more I would think you would have to buy a 'ute' with cart springs and a solid rear axle
What sort of option do you what instead of a 50mm ball?
If you need a jaw and pin you can't have it on a K as far as I know because (although I don't have one) I believe the only tow hitch option is a 'folding' one and the ball is integral.
Ask your Skoda importer if THEY have any options.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
My Kodiaq is 2500kg towing with 100kg tongue - not impressed with tongue load but not too bad. Euro cars seem to be always designed like this for whatever reason. Interesting to see that Skoda Australia doesn't seem to be offering the 50mm tow ball (here in NZ we get the factory 50mm tow ball) - how hard is it to swap the balls?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts