Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my Skoda Kodiaq with a current estimated delivery time of the 11th May.

Amazed at the tech you get in the car for the price. Gone a bit crazy on the old options though but very excited to get the car. Just a waiting game now.

Electrically folding towbar with adaptor
Heated windscreen
Assistance Pack
Area view with trailer assist and front and rear parking sensors
Travel Assist
Electric child satety lock with rear window roller blinds
Heated washer nozzles for front windscreen
Virtual pedal
Heated steering wheel

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum Inkarr.
Any questions, ask away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Inkarr, I agree, I was looking around for a long time, and read tonnes of reviews, and it definitely seems like Skoda gives a lot of tech for the price. You seem to have been quite lucky with your delivery time. I ordered mid Feb, and was quoted end of May. I'm hoping it comes sooner, as we have a new baby on the way, and my current car really isn't big enough!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
davos said:
Hi Inkarr, I agree, I was looking around for a long time, and read tonnes of reviews, and it definitely seems like Skoda gives a lot of tech for the price. You seem to have been quite lucky with your delivery time. I ordered mid Feb, and was quoted end of May. I'm hoping it comes sooner, as we have a new baby on the way, and my current car really isn't big enough!!
I spoke to Skoda customer service through their chat function yesterday who said my vehicle had an UNCONFIRMED build week of the 2nd April. Guess I'll know if it actually has started production at the end of that week when I chase again. I hope you get yours in time and congratulations on the new arrival (not the car).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Inkarr, I also spoke to customer services, and they gave an unconfirmed build date of Apr 9th, and now, according to my dealer, it has been confirmed for w/c Apr 9th. So fingers crossed. I think taking into account the transportation time, the baby will be here before the car, but hopefully not too long before. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Do you have the link to chat via the internet?

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just had confirmation my Kodiaq has been built and is on the way to Port in Germany to be shipped over.

Super excited :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Colin Lambert said:
It will be coming from Emden to (probably) Grimsby.
Happy waiting!! :D
If you can find the ships name you can track it. This is only for serious petrolheads, like me!! :lol:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/175/Germany_port:EMDEN
lol. That is amazing Colin. No idea how i find out the ships name that it would be loaded onto but at least it is built and just waiting on the transport now. Hopefully i'll hear something from my dealer, Lookers, soon to let me know it has been built as it has been radio silence from them since they took my deposit, but not holding out much hope though. I have had to ask SUK via chat for updates.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tried to ring my dealer to ask them for a status update since I hadn't heard anything from them since I gave my deposit back in Feb.

The receptionist asked me for my vehicle reg as the sales rep wasn't in and they couldn't tell me when they would be back. I told them it was a new car order again and could someone else look into it for me. I was told no one else could help me but she would take my details and someone would call me back. I'm not holding my breath.

It's only through speaking to SUK I know my car has since been built and is at port. Lookers Stockport don't seem that bothered since they took my deposit and have subsequently lost out on the extra accessories I wanted.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Lookers should be sending you the form below as the car progresses through the system.
This just goes to prove my earlier made point that many (most?) large dealer networks basically don't give a stuff after they have got your order. Small family businesses are always the best in my long experience with the motor trade.

Luckily not all big groups are the same. If you are anywhere near Chester these peeps treated me extremely well when I bought a s/hand Yeti from them. https://www.mitchellgroup.co.uk/. (thinking of service on the K)

Feel free to print mine (which my dealer sent me regularly, every time he got it from the factory) and send it to them (sales Manager) and ask them why they don't keep you up to speed and would they mind doing so immediately. Or wimp out :lol: and ring SUK again! If you do, complain about Lookers and tell SUK what you have said above about not hearing a word from them. I am reliably informed that it is part of the franchise agreement that dealers keep their customers up to speed.
Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been trying to track my car via SUK chat, they have said it has been released from Port but couldn't give me any details on ship etc.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You just have to keep contacting them every day, and watching the ships arriving at Emden. Marinetraffic.com and ships going to either Grimsby or Sheerness depending where you are in the country. Mine came over on Thames Highway to Sheerness back in February.
Good luck and keep ringing!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took delivery of a new 2:0 petrol Kodiaq edition in Dec 2017 . I worked in the motor trade for 36 years selling motor vehicles for two German manufacturers , I spent several weeks evaluating the Kodiaq range , and found it a very acceptable comparison with other more expensive vehicles .
I have only covered 1440 miles and keep finding more goodies in the easy to use sat nav , modern technologies and I do not get on . The vehicle is excellent all round and to date find it comfortable and quiet . The best option fitted is a heated steering wheel . I have found a particularly good dealer who listen to what you are looking for , go on just get it ordered , well worth it ......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Kodiaq is now at Status 38, so In Port of Exit Released. Slowly moving towards me. Been told it changed to that status yesterday and 7 to 10 working days to get on a ship to come over. Colin you are right it is at Emden and using that link you sent i can see the vessel 'City of Sunderland' is going back and forth between Emden and Grimsby and is currently moored at Emden. No way to tell when my vehicle will be on it, or even if i have the correct vessel. Seems to take 24 hours to go from one port to the other and seems a good fit for which vessel it would be on. Dealer was hopeful to have the car for the end of the month though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Whoop, I think mine has just arrived in Sheerness as the car left port of exit last night and I can see a vehicle carrier has just arrived from Emden and arrived an hour or so ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts