Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Ordered new car on the 12th August - waiting for a supply date - might be some time :lol:

Decided its time to replace my beloved Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE with something smaller as its just me, the wife and the dog now since our kids all grown up. The Kodiaq was the only one below £40k where I felt the interior was not a step down. test drove a 2.0 150 TDI DSD 4x4 SE-L and loved it!

I reckon it should save me per month: £35 VED Tax, £80 servicing, Fuel £120, so over £200 per month in total. One major bonus is the Tech is far superior to my 2010 LR.

Decided on a 2WD to maximise fuel economy - I have winter rated tyres all year round on my Disco - decided 2WD will be fine and will fit winters if needed to the Skoda

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome. We've had our Kodiaq since May and been to the Isle of Harris, Skye, Northumberland in it. It moves two adults + 3 kids + 1 dog + luggage with ease. Managing around 40 - 48mpg on long runs and mid 30s around town.
Our Kodiaq gives similar fuel figures to previous Audi A4 Avant...only minus point was the first year road tax cost which was £500. Sat Nav isn't the best but that really is the only gripes I have about the car. Very quiet when cruising and loads of things to play with inside.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome, my build week is this week coming :}

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you,
Received an email this afternoon from the Dealer - Build week 2nd of October, so I should get the car mid to end of November :D

Peeliewally - any Satnav is a step up from Land Rover - poor graphics, too slow - oops missed the junction! poor design - useless graphics overaly most of the screen, and very expensive updates. The Se-L had the 8 inch system and it was massively better than the discovery system - hopefully the 9 inch Columbus system is even better :?:

·
Registered
43 Posts
JKSKodi said:
Thank you,
Received an email this afternoon from the Dealer - Build week 2nd of October, so I should get the car mid to end of November :D

Peeliewally - any Satnav is a step up from Land Rover - poor graphics, too slow - oops missed the junction! poor design - useless graphics overaly most of the screen, and very expensive updates. The Se-L had the 8 inch system and it was massively better than the discovery system - hopefully the 9 inch Columbus system is even better :?:
Cool thing about the SatNav is the 3D buildings I noticed when driving through Glasgow on M8 motorway.....very accurate. Got speed camera update for SatNav which is also very accurate.

·
Registered
130 Posts
JKSKodi said:
Decided on a 2WD to maximise fuel economy - I have winter rated tyres all year round on my Disco - decided 2WD will be fine and will fit winters if needed to the Skoda
Welcome!

2WD will make a good positive difference to the fuel economy judging by the discussions on this forum. The 2WD has been robust enough for a very wide variety of road types. Unless you're planning to go properly offroad, you should be fine. The only thing I would watch for is that the manual states 17" rims are required for snow chains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts