Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a massive dilemma between a VW Tiguan AllSpace and the Kodiaq, I finally placed an order for the Kodiaq tonight. Thanks to some of the people here - it's been very handy being able to read up about some of the options, and ownership experience. And talking of options, there's one remaining that's I'm not quite sure about if anyone can help before it's too late to change... If I order the electrically adjustable driver seat, does it allow for adjusting the length of the seat base to increase support for your legs? I have reasonably long legs, and I find that the standard seat doesn't quite support my legs properly. Also, is it height adjustable for the front and rear of the seat base separately, so I can adjust the front up and back of the base down?

If it helps, the car and options we've gone for are:

SE L 2.0 TDI 150 DSG (7 seat)
Folding tables on the front seat back rests.
Partition net screen.
Heated front and rear seats.
Panoramic sunroof.
Space saver spare.
Electric folding towbar.
Heated steering wheel.
Adaptive cruise.
LED interior pack.
Wireless phone charging box.
Rear view camera.
Media command.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome!

I haven't got.mine but the three kodiaqs I've driven and many more sat in none had adjustable seat length like those found.in BMWs for example. The back and bottom rest are independently adjustable

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh, also I don't think SE L come with electrically adjustable seats by the way!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They don't. But it's a £500 option for just the driver's seat. We're almost better off choosing the Edition model, but my wife prefers the look of the alcantara seats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome!

You can't adjust the length of the base of the seat but it does allow you to adjust the height of the front and back independently.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect. Thank you. I'm going to pop back to the dealer tomorrow for a play. Having second thoughts over the 150 now and wondering whether we should have gone for the 190. Like the economy of the 2wd 150, and the power of the 190... Decisions!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wouldn't worry about power too much. My previous car was a Volvo V50 with a 2.4 5 cylinder D5 diesel engine which was both quick and pulled like a train. I can honestly say that I have been pleasantly surprised with the power of the 2.0 TDI 150ps and have not found it lacking at all!

·
Registered
49 Posts
MrTrilby said:
If I order the electrically adjustable driver seat, does it allow for adjusting the length of the seat base to increase support for your legs? I have reasonably long legs, and I find that the standard seat doesn't quite support my legs properly. Also, is it height adjustable for the front and rear of the seat base separately, so I can adjust the front up and back of the base down?
I'm 6'6 (1m 98 in real money) and I have very long legs. On the basis of my test drives I agree that the seat doesn't support the legs as much as I would like. In fact my overall impression was that the Kodiaq seat is, if anything, slightly shorter and offers slightly less support than the seat in my 13-year-old Mk II Octavia. Then again the higher driving position in the Kodiaq should compensate for that, at least to some extent, as should the separately adjustable front and rear parts of the base. I also find that sitting slightly more upright and less reclined helps.

I wish Skoda could add a Volvo-type seat even as an optional extra for the driver. I like the Volvo seats, but not Volvo prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts